+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check - Info needed

aarchiebhatia111

Oct 28, 2015
Hi Guys,
I just want to know that what all they are checking in Background information and generally how much time they take in completing BG check.
Should I remind my previous employers for ref check from CIC?
Suggestions plz

My Timeline
ITA received: 4th Dec 2015
Medical done: 20th Dec 2015
Application Submitted: 2nd Jan 2016
Payment received: 5th Jan 2016
BG check initiated: 5th Jan 2016

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
well, they check everything. It is very much possible for them to call your employer if they do not find your documents of employment convincing. Your employment is one of the things they check for your eligibility among other parameters such as your ECA, your IELTS, your Police Certificates. So basically, everything is checked and verified.

I think it is a good idea if you could give your employer a heads up that he/she may receive a call from CIC.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aarchiebhatia111 said:
Hi Guys,
I just want to know that what all they are checking in Background information and generally how much time they take in completing BG check.
Should I remind my previous employers for ref check from CIC?
Suggestions plz

My Timeline
ITA received: 4th Dec 2015
Medical done: 20th Dec 2015
Application Submitted: 2nd Jan 2016
Payment received: 5th Jan 2016
BG check initiated: 5th Jan 2016
Looking at timeline, can you please tell me what is the status of your Background in myCIC? Do you mean that it has already gone into "In Progress" on the same day of payment received?

To answer your question, I think physical BG check is done by a 3rd party associated with the Visa Office of the country where you applied from (Canadian High Commission in India). I believe if you worked for global brands like Google or IBM, and if documents are crystal clear with details that can be verified over the internet, they may not call the employer but if you worked for smaller companies that can't be verified easily then they might call or in some cases, they have even visited the company in person to interview the applicant and the manager.

You can find many such instances in the FSW paper thread elsewhere in the forum. I'm also eager to know the what-who-how of BG checks in EE because they don't so much time in this new process.

Russian

May 14, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys does anybody have an idea on which stage the CIC checks nocs? When can the applicant feel safe that he had picked up the right noc?

I have 3 different nocs and feel concerned about having chosen the correct occupations. I did not hire the consultant, did the whole application myself.

thatguy56

Sep 10, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Med's Done....
21-09-2015
Hi Russian,

There is absolutely nothing which can tell us when CIC checks NOCs. The officer can check right away when he/she receives your file. All in all I can say that when your BG starts, all your documents are read thoroughly so IMO that is the time when the VO checks your NOC and if it is consistent with the documents of employment that you provided.