+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check (CSIS)

azadi

Feb 19, 2008
In response to the previous question, no inquiring into CSIS doesn't bring about a delay, as far as I can tell.

Rjessome, thankfully, my husband's background checks are done. It took over a year but they're done. I don't know if we did anything that helped quicken the process. It didn't feel like it. I'm still bitter about the whole thing. A whole year of our life! It made zero sense why they subjected him to this ridiculous scrutiny. I'll get over it...eventually.

genio

Star Member
Dec 27, 2008
At the start, "longwaitingtime" says, "we are sponsoring parents. As appears on trackitt, sponsoring parents from anywhere can take years. But others on here indicate at times it can take ? 2 years for spouses? Really hope that would be in extremely rare cases.

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
Hey All , just wanted to update you. CSIS finally wrote me back after 2 months!!! Here is the letter they wrote and let me know what you think. And if any of you had this type of letter before. Does it mean that visa is near??

Dear****,

Thank you for your correspondance of June 6,2009, regarding the application of ***** ******* for permanent resident status in Canada.

The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) recieved a request from immigration officials concerning your husbands application. The results relative to these enquiries were reported.

Once CSIS has reported its advice to CIC, its role in the immigration process is usually concluded, unless CIC or CBSA requests additional information. As the final decision on immigration matters rests with CIC, we recomment that you direct your queries concerning this matter to them.

I trust that the foregoing information will be of assistance.

Yours Sincerely

John M. Dunn

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Paradise - that is good news! They (CSIS) have completed their part. It doesn't mean good or bad [ie they did not tell you what they found obviously], so assuming he is clean and there were no 'security issues', you should be almost done :). Alhumdulelah.

Let us know how the next few weeks unravel - good luck and all the best!

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
ParadiseCrystals said:
Thanks RASHA! I am sure he is clean hehe. But what do you think I should do now? Should I go to MP?
subhanallah. You are going through Kenya, not Damascus , so really it's only a guess here.. but if all other things have passed and the relationship is deemed genuine [there is no interview] OR if the interview has happened, and it's good; if the background is good; if all the fees are paid, I would imagine they will request the passport soon for the visa. It will take a little time for the CSIS information to return to the local CIC visa office there - contacting the MP now would not be fruitful - as all the information will not yet be there..I'd hold off say until the end of the month, if you have heard nothing by 1st week in Sept, THEN go to MP and have them do an inquiry - at least then you have given some weeks for them to get the information and go forward. [this is my advice as I would do.]

Good luck and all the best

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
Yes I am going through Kenya and he had interview May 5th,2008. And it was good and they believe our relationship is genuine. Yes you are right about things taking time to get to the local CIC office. I wish I knew the date that they finished the backround check. But thanks so much for your advice. We shall see what will happen next..

cdarroch

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/02/10
Doc's Request.
29/07/10
Med's Done....
29/10/09
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with background checks in Panama or Mexico? Those are the two countries CSIS is going to have to deal with for my girlfriend... cheers!

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
Dear Rasha,

I am still a bit confused on what to do next. Like one time I had sent them a police cert for my husband in March and they didnt attach it to the file until I had to go to the MP 3 months later and find out that " they said they still did not recieve it" when they had it in their office for a whole 3 months....You think what will happen with the CSIS report as well? Or do I have to open their eyes and go to the MP again.?

The reason I ask is that his police cert expires September 15th, and I am afriad they willl waste time and then it will expire then my husband has to get a new one before they issue visa, and imagine, they get it again and waste another 3 months and say they did not recieve it.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
PC, maybe then, if you are concerned contact your MP's office and tell them what you typed here, they know your history, and can advise you or assist you.

good luck