+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check and Citizenship test puzzle!

Sherbrook

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Does anyone have an answer for why do some people get background check updated first and then they get the request for the test, while other they get the test and then they get background check updated?

does the test depend on the background check or they are not related to each other? I tried to find an answer everywhere but I could not.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does anyone have an answer for why do some people get background check updated first and then they get the request for the test, while other they get the test and then they get background check updated?

does the test depend on the background check or they are not related to each other? I tried to find an answer everywhere but I could not.
Sometimes the background check takes more time and in that case the test comes before that. They are not related to each other and can happen parallely.

Reactions: Sherbrook

Kaburahn

Oct 3, 2023
I understand your frustration with the immigration process – it can be quite perplexing! The order in which background checks and citizenship tests happen can vary. It might depend on factors specific to your case or the processing times at your local immigration office. In the meantime, while you wait for updates, consider finding a hobby to help pass the time and reduce stress. I've found that activities like paint by numbers can be a great way to relax and take your mind off things. Remember, you're not alone in this journey, and many have gone through similar situations.

Last edited: