+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Back to Canada with symptom

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I hope you all are safe.
I would like to ask your idea on my dilemma.

I have to return Canada before end of May 2020 to meet the RO.
The problem to me is, I have chronic cough since my childhood, and chronic pharyngitis.
According to the rule, even I manage to get a flight ticket before May 2020, if I have COVID-19 symptom, I cannot enter Canada by air unless it's proofed the symptom is not related to COVID-19.
Cough is listed in the symptom
I cannot enter Canada by other ways, e.g. rail, vehicle.

Do you have an idea about how to proof the symptom is not related to COVID-19? is there any list about designated medical exam clinic or hospital approved / authorized by IRCC in every country?
In my place, I can apply the test, but I cannot take the result paper out of the hospital, I can capture the picture by camera. But it will be in non-English.
The notarize office will not able to translate and notarize on the basis of picture.

I hope to get your opinion and help to my dilemma.
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

Firstly, I hope you all are safe.
I would like to ask your idea on my dilemma.

I have to return Canada before end of May 2020 to meet the RO.
The problem to me is, I have chronic cough since my childhood, and chronic pharyngitis.
According to the rule, even I manage to get a flight ticket before May 2020, if I have COVID-19 symptom, I cannot enter Canada by air unless it's proofed the symptom is not related to COVID-19.
Cough is listed in the symptom
I cannot enter Canada by other ways, e.g. rail, vehicle.

Do you have an idea about how to proof the symptom is not related to COVID-19? is there any list about designated medical exam clinic or hospital approved / authorized by IRCC in every country?
In my place, I can apply the test, but I cannot take the result paper out of the hospital, I can capture the picture by camera. But it will be in non-English.
The notarize office will not able to translate and notarize on the basis of picture.

I hope to get your opinion and help to my dilemma.
Thank you.
Please stop reposting. You have been told plenty of people have been able to enter Canada even with multiple symptoms and actually carrying covid. Carry a medical note that you have pharyngitis for extra reassurance. Your pharyngitis is not a reason to not return to Canada and meet your RO. Also take steps to limit your coughing. Pharyngitis and a cough from covid or any cold/virus are very different.

dreamon2019

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Please stop reposting. You have been told plenty of people have been able to enter Canada even with multiple symptoms and actually carrying covid. Carry a medical note that you have pharyngitis for extra reassurance. Your pharyngitis is not a reason to not return to Canada and meet your RO. Also take steps to limit your coughing. Pharyngitis and a cough from covid or any cold/virus are very different.
Please understand this post was posted 1-2 days ago, but didn't approved by the admin until it was displayed to the public.
And, this is not related to "whether this is a reason I can claim on my RO", I am preparing to return but just don't want to be refused to enter.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Please understand this post was posted 1-2 days ago, but didn't approved by the admin until it was displayed to the public.
And, this is not related to "whether this is a reason I can claim on my RO", I am preparing to return but just don't want to be refused to enter.
As a PR whether you have met the RO or not on arrival you are entitled to enter Canada, this would be true even if someone had failed the RO and been reported for the same . Based on current regulations will be expected to enter 14 days self isolation/quarantine, how severe the requirements for isolation will depend on whether CBSA think you appear to have no COVID symptons or symptoms, although with the latter you would not be allowed to travel by air to Canada anyway

Without reading all your other posts/answers still seems to me that the hurdle you have to overcome is to ensure the checkin agent at your departure point is satisfied that your existing health condition is nothing to do with COVID and should not prevent you boarding a plane with 300 or so other people.

Just a point though that if your existing health condition is not obvious when you checkin for your flight no reason really to highlight the fact to or tell anyone. Obviously if you are constantly coughing then given this is one of the indicators of COVID then be prepared just in case asked maybe with a medical certificate or something that shows you are fit to fly.

Latest guidelines update 4/15
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html?fbclid=IwAR33l8Ldue22cU-FifWuolvkYxD5-fAAZadX0DrL-ag9outb6vMQwnrU4Vk

Last edited: