+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BACK TAXES

I

iarblue

Has anyone sponsored and did it successfully while owing back taxes to the Canadian government.

I

iarblue

never mind i stand corrected by annabruce and javill that you can apply to sponsor when you owe the government taxes did not know thought it had to be all paid up.

So here is my appology to annabruce.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
No apology needed. You may be right. A few examples of success is hardly conclusive proof. Let's see what others say. I want to know. I will not bring my wife to Canada if I can't sponsor her because of my student loan issue. I'll go to the USA under the TN status and support her through her degree in the USA.

I

iarblue

Well i tell you bud it has taken its toll on me since april last year i have sent over $15000.00 to support her there and keep the flat in Brazil.Plus pay my bills here and i also pay $1200 a month here in child support which im proud to say i do pay it ontime(no dead beat here lol) and to keep a place here to with the bills.I cant go there to stay as i have little girls here i would miss toooooo much.I should have been smarter and brought her here on a visa even if i had to dump money in the account over there.
It has stressed me to the max and if it takes 6 or more months then i still have to send money there tillsept or more.She works but the pay there is equal to 350 canadian a month.

javcil

Star Member
Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/01/2010
AOR Received.
01/03/2010
File Transfer...
04/02/2010
Med's Done....
11/12/2009
Interview........
21/04/2010
Passport Req..
21/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
22/04/2010
LANDED..........
16/07/2010
iarblue, I sincerely hope your wife gets her visa soon. Finances and distance can be frustrating and stressful ... too bad CIC doesn't really acknowledge that.

I

iarblue

I hear you i inclued all the western union forms of the money i sent so they can see the amount i have been sending there.

B

boyee6576

iarblue: I think you need to be commended on your paying for your kids and on time. You hear so many stories of fathers who dont give a crap about caring for their kids financially. We need more fathers like you. I have been going through a rough time with my ex. So for the sake of kids that need support, thank you for being one father that does the right thing. :)

I

iarblue

I am proud of it i pay my support have a good relationship with my ex and i even split all costs for their extras like hockey,soccer what ever just this week my ex asked if she could take them back to England for a visit i said of course how do you stop your children from exploring the world just because the parents didnt make it.So i have to meet her in Brampton next monday to go to the passport office to get the passports for my girls and go for lunch.I think life is so much easier if you just make a great effort at being parents instead of exs i even get along with her new fiance and she asks about my wife all the time.

annabruce

Jan 15, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received: 01-11-2010
File Transfer...
09-10-2012 (Ottawa)
Med's Done....
30-11-2011, x-ray delayed (pregnancy), redone on August 31, 2012
Amicable seperations/divorces are wonderful when they happen. You are very fortunate ( or very skilled ). Good for you! My own parents would never get along like this. So easy to pay child support when you have this pleasant arrangement. So many fathers are frustrated because they feel screwed by their ex, and very honestly don't feel that their children are receiving the benefits of their support payments. Dead beat dad? Life isn't as simple as this. Some are, but many are being royally screwed by their ex.

B

boyee6576

Thats great. All too often kids are the victims and put in the middle. Your kids are getting the best of both worlds. I have asked my ex if I can take the boys to India but he has refused, or he agrees and just when we are about to buy the ticket he changes his mind. :mad:
Its great your situation is so good. I am really happy for you :)

I

iarblue

I hear you my sister has a guy he has not given her any money in just over a year and a half and i see how hard it is for her with one bot so i could never do that to my girls.And yes i know some exs get screwed and feel like they get a foot in the face and see the ex well dressed or new things just after support is paid lol.But if you do pay your support then nobody can say crap to you.You cant control where she spends it.
I feel for the ones who get screwed especially the little ones.My oldest starts University to be a lawyer next semester SEPT.And ill support her all the way as long as she is in school she 18.
And im very fortunate to have what i have and i know this.I could have the ex from hell thank god i dont.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
annabruce said:
No apology needed. You may be right. A few examples of success is hardly conclusive proof. Let's see what others say. I want to know. I will not bring my wife to Canada if I can't sponsor her because of my student loan issue. I'll go to the USA under the TN status and support her through her degree in the USA.
Student loans are what you owe?
well then yeah you can sponsor they dont count at all