+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Back in Canada… How to answer questions??

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
HEY!
I'm a Canadian citizen by birth. I have been living in the US for 2 years, but JUST got back to Canada and am starting my new job in less than a month. When I fill out the outland application forms to sponsor my husband, can I say I AM LIVING IN CANADA? Orrrr, do I have to be back in Canada for a certain amount of time before I'm considered a resident again?

THANKS for reading.

SchnookoLoly

Champion Member
Mar 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
24 Apr 2012
Passport Req..
26 Jun 2012
VISA ISSUED...
21 Aug 2012
LANDED..........
08 Dec 2012
Re: Back in Canada... How to answer questions??

Canadian citizens can sponsor their partners from anywhere in the world, doesn't matter if they aren't resident in Canada, so you tell the truth. (Which you should do anyway!)

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

cillyx5 said:
HEY!
I'm a Canadian citizen by birth. I have been living in the US for 2 years, but JUST got back to Canada and am starting my new job in less than a month. When I fill out the outland application forms to sponsor my husband, can I say I AM LIVING IN CANADA? Orrrr, do I have to be back in Canada for a certain amount of time before I'm considered a resident again?

THANKS for reading.
Where are you living? From 'just got back' I assume Canada now, so the answer would be Canada.

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015

I'm a US permanent resident. Headed back to Canada to start my new job on March 25 (2 weeks from tomorrow!!). I start my job April 7th.

I know I should tell the truth. I have no intention to lie. I'm just confused because I'll be sending it my form right after I get back to Canadian soil. It gets confusing with some of the questions.

Will it matter that I've only been back in Canada for a few days/weeks, and that I'll either be just starting my job, or a week away from starting it??

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013

cillyx5 said:
I'm a US permanent resident. Headed back to Canada to start my new job on March 25 (2 weeks from tomorrow!!). I start my job April 7th.

I know I should tell the truth. I have no intention to lie. I'm just confused because I'll be sending it my form right after I get back to Canadian soil. It gets confusing with some of the questions.

Will it matter that I've only been back in Canada for a few days/weeks, and that I'll either be just starting my job, or a week away from starting it??
It doesn't matter. If you are living in Canada when you are ready to send the application then Canada is your place of residence.

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015

BEAUTY! Thanks.