+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby visa/immigration

sarkar

Oct 30, 2005
Hi buddies,

I am a permanent resident and currently living with my family and working outside canada. I was not in Canada for the last one year. Recently I have a new baby. I am completing my contract in November and am going back to Canada. I dont know the procedure for having visa for my baby or to file a case for his immigration in canada.

I understand that I have to come back to Canada alone and then file a case for my babay visa or immigration. Can some one please tell me

is there any other way fast and simple,

where I have to submit my case for my babay immigration

How much time it would take to get visa/immigration for my baby to join me in canada.

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,

Uzair

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sarkar said:
Hi buddies,

I am a permanent resident and currently living with my family and working outside canada. I was not in Canada for the last one year. Recently I have a new baby. I am completing my contract in November and am going back to Canada. I dont know the procedure for having visa for my baby or to file a case for his immigration in canada.

I understand that I have to come back to Canada alone and then file a case for my babay visa or immigration. Can some one please tell me

is there any other way fast and simple,

where I have to submit my case for my babay immigration

How much time it would take to get visa/immigration for my baby to join me in canada.

Thank you all in advance.

Regards,

Uzair
1. You have 2 choices, return to Canada and sponsor the child, while s/he remains abroad, I am assuming that the child is a citizen of country requiring a visa to come to Canada.
2. Approach the CHC and request a TRV (visitor visa) for the child, and then return to Canada, and which time you can submit an H.& C. (Humanitarian and Compassionate application for the child in Canada. You may have difficulty getting the TRV for the child. see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/handc.html You are looking at about 18 months for the processing.

PMM

sarkar

Oct 30, 2005
Thank you very much for your prompt response. Actually I am leaving in a third country working for United Nations. But in case of TRV (visitor visa) refusal I may go to my origional country till enter to canada for case processing.

I would appreciate if you can let me know that

As you said that processing may take about 18 months, If I am applying from Canada do I need to stay for all the time till the decison is taken by authorities.

Thank you once again and am looking forward for your kind response.

Best Regards,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sarkar said:
Thank you very much for your prompt response. Actually I am leaving in a third country working for United Nations. But in case of TRV (visitor visa) refusal I may go to my origional country till enter to canada for case processing.

I would appreciate if you can let me know that

As you said that processing may take about 18 months, If I am applying from Canada do I need to stay for all the time till the decison is taken by authorities.

Thank you once again and am looking forward for your kind response.

Best Regards,
1. You have to be in Canada and remain in Canada to sponsor as a PR.

PMM

sarkar

Oct 30, 2005
Baby Registration

I have a new born babay and thanks to canadavisa.com discussion board got information for his immigration to canada. Now, I need to know before going to start the process for his immigration to Canada

Being a permanent resident do I need to register my child in advance with the governmnet or stright away submit his application for sponsorship.

Can I get the services for a consultant like David Cohen who was also my consultant for all my family immigration.

Thank you very much in advance.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Hello Friends.
Opening very old post but I am having same difficulty and in confusion
Me and My Wife are Canadian PR and my wife is pregnent. (Currently in Toronto)
We plan to go back to home contry for some time and after baby birth we will return.
but we I see there is lots of trouble for getting visa for new born out side canada......

I want to know
1) If we apply for TRV how much time does it take
2) Do I need to be in Canada for baby PR?
3) when baby can get PR of canada?
4) does baby get benefits like school, medical, child tax etc during TRV status (when sponcership is in progress)?

Friends pl advise I need to book tickets urgently

Thanks

Vats

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Vats said:
1) If we apply for TRV how much time does it take
2) Do I need to be in Canada for baby PR?
3) when baby can get PR of canada?
4) does baby get benefits like school, medical, child tax etc during TRV status (when sponcership is in progress)?
Hi

You would simplify your life SO MUCH by simply having the child in Canada. S/he would be Canadian and you would not have to go through sponsorship.

1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp. There is a good chance that a TRV will be refused. You could then try for a TRP.

2. Yes, you or your wife would need to be living in Canada throughout the entire sponsorship process. If the TRV/TRP is refused, this will mean a long separation while the mother and child stay in the home country and you go to Canada to sponsor.

3. Once you return to Canada and submit the app, it could take anywhere from 8 months to 15 months. No one can give you an accurate answer.

4. Babies don't go to school. Most provinces will not give healthcare to a visitor. CCTB depends on the status of the parents, not the child.