+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby on the way will CiC cancel my visa?

Leodensian

Oct 20, 2016
Hello all

Guess what? I'm gonna be a dad for the first time! Argh. Totally unexpected but I'm getting used to the idea and I'm excited.

Now the worrying bit. I'm due to move to Canada this year with my GF. I have a two year working holiday visa. We were going to move in sept time. But she's now due in August.
The problem is I declared 0 children to cic when I applied in October. Which was true.

Do I now need to declare this pregnancy? Will my visa be void? :(

Thanks all

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No - you don't need to declare the pregnancy.

Leodensian

Oct 20, 2016
Thank you

What about if baby is born? Is my
Visa still valid if I travel with dependent even tho I have declared 0 dependents?

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
you have to inform when the baby is born. now that depends where the baby is born. if the baby is born in canada, the baby becomes a canadian citizen.

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Wow, you're going to move countries a month after she gives birth? You guys are brave!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
If you are moving to Canada after your child is born, you would have to go to Canada and then sponsor your child which can take a year.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Leodensian said:
Hello all

Guess what? I'm gonna be a dad for the first time! Argh. Totally unexpected but I'm getting used to the idea and I'm excited.

Now the worrying bit. I'm due to move to Canada this year with my GF. I have a two year working holiday visa. We were going to move in sept time. But she's now due in August.
The problem is I declared 0 children to cic when I applied in October. Which was true.

Do I now need to declare this pregnancy? Will my visa be void? :(

Thanks all
So maybe its me that is confused here but the OP is arriving in Canada on an IEC permit which does not allow dependants to accompany as part of the application so the status of the GF and the new born is not really relevant here other than any family information completed at the time of IEC application.

Even when landing to activate the IEC permit the OP would be landing as an individual not as a family unit given the GF and the baby if landing at the same time would be assessed for landing separately so in this case as the GF is a Canadian and the new born assume born to Canadian abroad .

Ultimately though and others can correct me the GF and Baby's status seem irrelevant to the OP getting his IEC permit on landing given IEC is a non dependant permit so there should be no need to notify CIC of any dependent changes, unlikely CIC would be interested anyway given it is an IEC.

If this discussion were about a PR application and landing then that would be different but again until a baby is born just being pregnant is not a reason to update CIC until after the birth.

Assume the OP has checked out travel document requirements for new borns and a backup plan should there (hopefully not) be any complications with the birth delaying arrival in Canada given IEC activation like everything is time dependant.