+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby Delivery Upon Visit Visa

ishaq79

Jul 12, 2011
Dear Experts,

My wife is visiting to Canada for a friend’s wedding and she’s pregnant. If she delivers the baby in Canada, will the baby be Canadian national or baby will be on mother national?

Also can you please tell me what is the procedure for applying Canadian citizenship, when the baby is born in Canada on visit visa.
Your Quick respond will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Mohammed Ishaq

brighton_travel

Aug 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2 2011
Med's Done....
July 2011
the baby will be "canadian by birth", but the Immigration Office might removed the citizenship by birth, due to parents are not....
also if the baby is Canadian, the mother is not...she must leave the country...the baby can stay in foster care.....

plus, you will pay the Hospital/Doctor Bill (which will be around $30,000 - $50,000 if complication) if you are a visitor or do not have provincial healthcare....

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The baby will be Canadian. Immigration officials cannot/will not remove this status.

You will be responsible for paying all of the hospital/medical costs related to the birth.

ishaq79

Jul 12, 2011
Thank you ! Master Scylla and Brighton,

Kindly guide me or advice me how much will it cost for the delivery, normal and CS.

I baldy need to apply for Canadian Immigration but I’m not graduates. As for my wife she has done her bachelor degree in Account through overseas from Karachi University, Pakistan.

We live in Saudi Arabia! Dear Scylla, I also have an issue with Nationality my wife is Pakistani and myself Indian. The only reason I want to do Immigration coz of our nationality and kids future.

Please Scylla guide us with a solution or advice, what would be the best way to do immigration.

Also I request all the top Rank Member to help me regarding my Issue!

Best Regards,
Ishaq

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
It sounds to me like you are planning on sending your pregnant wife to Canada to give birth.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should have at least $10K in Canadian dollars available to pay for the medical/hospital costs. If there are complications, the costs could be higher.

Note that having a baby in Canada will not help you and your wife to immigrate to Canada at this time. You will still have to qualify through the federal skilled worker program or one of the provincial programs just like everyone else.

If you have a baby in Canada, he/she will not be able to sponsor you for PR until they turn 18 years old and are making enough money to meet low income cut off requirements.

wes786

VIP Member
Sep 6, 2010
scylla said:
You should have at least $10K in Canadian dollars available to pay for the medical/hospital costs. If there are complications, the costs could be higher.

Note that having a baby in Canada will not help you and your wife to immigrate to Canada at this time. You will still have to qualify through the federal skilled worker program or one of the provincial programs just like everyone else.

If you have a baby in Canada, he/she will not be able to sponsor you for PR until they turn 18 years old and are making enough money to meet low income cut off requirements.
Also want to add to the above that current timeline to sponsor parents from Pakistan is 8 years; 4yrs in Mississauga and 4yrs in Islamabad.

ishaq79

Jul 12, 2011
Thank you ! Madam Pinklady,

Well it’s not 100% planning to send my wife for delivery, as I believe I want to be with my wife and be her support in those days of pregnancy. I’m very much aware of pregnancy issue as we already have one son.

What is the use of being husband when I can’t be with my wife during her pregnancy time.

My wife’s friend is in Canada and she’s really getting married and she wanted to visit her, as she’s already pregnant and I don’t want to take chances.

I love my wife but at the same time I can’t go back to our countries… i.e India and Pakistan.

As I already explain below regarding this issue :(

Sir Scylla,

Thank you once again for you respond, now please guide me further regards the immigration. Can my wife apply for immigration on the basis of overseas degree? Or it not possible :'(

Best Regards,
Ishaq

shamsia

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2011
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
30-06-2011
File Transfer...
31-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2012
LANDED..........
April 6th, 2012
ishaq79 said:
Thank you ! Master Scylla and Brighton,

Kindly guide me or advice me how much will it cost for the delivery, normal and CS.

I baldy need to apply for Canadian Immigration but I'm not graduates. As for my wife she has done her bachelor degree in Account through overseas from Karachi University, Pakistan.

We live in Saudi Arabia! Dear Scylla, I also have an issue with Nationality my wife is Pakistani and myself Indian. The only reason I want to do Immigration coz of our nationality and kids future.

Please Scylla guide us with a solution or advice, what would be the best way to do immigration.

Also I request all the top Rank Member to help me regarding my Issue!

Best Regards,
Ishaq
What's wrong with being Indian or Pakistani?

And LMAO @ Master & Sir Scylla ;D

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
ishaq79 said:
Thank you ! Madam Pinklady,

Well it's not 100% planning to send my wife for delivery, as I believe I want to be with my wife and be her support in those days of pregnancy. I'm very much aware of pregnancy issue as we already have one son.

What is the use of being husband when I can't be with my wife during her pregnancy time.
Well how long is she planning to visit for?? If its only to visit for a wedding? And really she shouldnt be flying that late into the pregnancy.

saifsmarty

Apr 4, 2010
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
ISBD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
JUNE 2011.
Passport Req..
ON WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
shamsia said:
What's wrong with being Indian or Pakistani?

And LMAO @ Master & Sir Scylla ;D
Yup yup,rite and am agreed. :)

Well check ur pm ishaq.Wrote u some informative reply,hope it will support u in a positive way.Rest up to u buddy.Good Luck.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ishaq79 said:
Thank you once again for you respond, now please guide me further regards the immigration. Can my wife apply for immigration on the basis of overseas degree? Or it not possible :'(
If you're interested in immigrating as skilled workers, you will get better responses if you post your questions to the Federal Skilled Worker and/or Provincial Nomination sections of this site.

ishaq79

Jul 12, 2011
Who should apply as skilled working Scylla? Me or my wife as i don’t hold degree and my wife has overseas bachelor degree?

I’m so lost and find no hope... beside that some ppl make fun of me. :(

Dear Shamsia,

It’s nothing wrong in being Indian or Pakistani but the future is zero in many aspects. Coz my wife is not willing to change her nationally as Indian and I can’t go to Pakistan as you see and hear the news these days of Pakistan. Beside that I spend all my life in Saudi Arabia. I hardly know anything about India likewise my wife she spend all her life in Saudi Arabia.
About LMAO – I respect ever one if that’s the crime, hang me :p

Dear Pinklady,

The issue is wedding is in March the delivery is expected to be in mid of April, so I will not send her as I can’t take chances.

Regards,
Ishaq

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ishaq79 said:
Who should apply as skilled working Scylla? Me or my wife as i don't hold degree and my wife has overseas bachelor degree?

I'm so lost and find no hope... beside that some ppl make fun of me. :(
As I mentioned before - you should ask these questions in the Federal Skilled Worker or Provincial Nomination sections of this forum. Right now you are in the Family Sponsorship section of the forum and most of us here don't know very much about the skilled worker process.

ishaq79

Jul 12, 2011
Jazak'Allah Khair saifsmarty for PM, I'll call him but there is nearly 8-12 hrs difference between Saudi Arabia and Canada.

Regards,
Ishaq