App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
because you immigrated and got your citizenship, your baby is entitled to citizenship... as said, you just need to apply for the "Proof of citizenship" card and travel papers (emergency passport or whatnot) at the canadian embassy...

notify CIC once the baby is born and apply for his/her birth certificate and birth country passport (may be needed in conjunction with travel papers)... nothing is impacted about the PR application you already have standing.. they will likely just want to see the child's bc (if the visa has not been issued) to note them on the account... they might want to see the travel papers too, not sure...

she won't loose anything other than a few pounds and a lot of sleep after the baby is born :)

can_usa_97

May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/13/2010
AOR Received.
09/07/2010 in process 9/2
File Transfer...
08/12/2010
Med's Request
Rcv'd dtd 10/18
Med's Done....
06/22/2010
Interview........
Waived dtd 10/18
Passport Req..
11/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2010
LANDED..........
06/18/2011
Note, if you have travel plans, CIC Sydney sped up my process for my kids (it took 2 weeks) when I indicated we intended on reestablishing Canada when my visa was issued. Never hurts to try.

bluesea423

May 29, 2010
your baby will be a canadian citizen after birth. his citizenship card will take about a year.you can apply for a canadian passport for him before you get his citizenship card, all what you need is to show the canadian embassy in your homecountry a plane ticket by his name.
nothing to worry about i have passed the same situation before.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Just to share my story. My kids were born outside canada to a canadian father and i am not canadian. We had plans of returning to Canada. Husband had been out of Canada for about years.
As soon as we got here in canada in November of last year we put application for "prrof of Canadian Citizenship". Its pretty much a basic form asking some questions. 8 weeks later, we got their citizenship cards in the mail.

I copied and pasted this link from the cic website

If you were born outside Canada to a Canadian parent on or after January 1, 1947 A birth certificate which lists your parents (issued by responsible government authorities in the country where you were born)
Proof that one or both of your natural parents were Canadian citizens when you were born
Two (2) pieces of personal identification, such as a driver’s licence and a health insurance card
Other documents, such as a marriage certificate/divorce certificate and/or a legal name change certificate (if applicable)

Here is the link to the application and instructions
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/certif.asp

Hope it helps and good luck.