+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

baby born outside Canada how can be citizen

HAJ99

Dec 26, 2019
my son was born outside Canada before I became Canadian citizen. now he is living with me in Canada, Im citizen and he is permanent resident. he is 5 years old how should he be citizen? or he should be wait for three years like adults. I need some information how I could make his Application for Canadian citizen or if he is not eligible about it. I hope to get some helping information about it.

thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
my son was born outside Canada before I became Canadian citizen. now he is living with me in Canada, Im citizen and he is permanent resident. he is 5 years old how should he be citizen? or he should be wait for three years like adults. I need some information how I could make his Application for Canadian citizen or if he is not eligible about it. I hope to get some helping information about it.

thank you
Just apply.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/minors.html#s01

• Timing of the application for a minor: the application can be made simultaneously (concurrent) with one or both parents or after one or both parents have become a Canadian citizen (non-concurrent).
  • The minor must have a living Canadian parent (including adoptive parent) and parentage must be established. If parentage has been assessed and accepted for immigration purposes, parentage will be presumed to be established for citizenship purposes as well. Where possible, citizenship processes will not duplicate work previously conducted during an immigration process.
  • Minors are not subject to the language, residence and knowledge requirements that adults are subject to under the Citizenship Act.