+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby born outside Canada after PR is granted

kumargoyal

Aug 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Can you please guide as to what would be the process for getting a PR for the baby born after PR is granted. My wife is currently pregnant and my application is getting processed.

My question is that if everything goes fine, I will get my PR in next couple of months but my baby will be born after another 6 months. By that time I will be in Canada but my wife plans to join me after the delivery along with the baby. In this case what is the process to be followed.

Thanks in advance

Ordinary

Feb 18, 2015
kumargoyal said:
Hi All,

Can you please guide as to what would be the process for getting a PR for the baby born after PR is granted. My wife is currently pregnant and my application is getting processed.

My question is that if everything goes fine, I will get my PR in next couple of months but my baby will be born after another 6 months. By that time I will be in Canada but my wife plans to join me after the delivery along with the baby. In this case what is the process to be followed.

Thanks in advance
*censored word*iz
I ma also in same situation like you. Please call me. I have sent you personal message.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will advise CIC of the baby's (impending) birth, and CIC will advise you of the steps to take & documents to provide to add the baby to your application.

The procedure will differ slightly depending on whether you land before or after baby's birth.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Look at all options. I knew a couple with PR who had their daughter in the home country. When they wanted to come to Canada before they lost the time required to keep PR status, it was a huge issue to bring their 2 year old. They ended up quitting the whole idea of coming to Canada because it would have meant leaving the baby behind with grandparents until her PR was granted. (Babies are assumed to want to follow their parents, so they do not fit the category of temporary resident-CIC does not believe they have stronger ties to their home country than to Canada. They are a risk for over staying their visa. ) Do a search on forum in Family and FSW Threads.
If time allows, would you consider having the baby in Canada and avoiding the hassle of sponsorship?

Sandy_2727

Jan 3, 2016
Hi Friends,

I submitted my complete PR application on 30th Nov and after that my wife got pregnant and now expected delivery date in July or August.

I am sure we will get the PR by June and baby will born in July. I want to travel to Canada by end of this year 2017 ( Nov or Dec. ) with my wife and new born baby

I have some doubts -

1. How will i add my new born baby to my exist PR application after that ?
2- what is the process for this and how much time it takes and what are the additional documents required for this?
2- Do i need to inform CIC for my wife pregnancy during PR Process or after baby is born ?

Please advise. Could you please share your experience

Thank You.