+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby born after soft landing

guptavaibhav

Oct 22, 2016
Hi,
Wanted to seek info regarding a case as below:
Me and my wife receive COPR and do soft landing in May 2018 and come back to India after couple of weeks and also receive our PR cards.
My wife is pregnant and the baby is due in December 2018.
We do not want to relocate to Canada yet atleast until the baby is born.
Lets see we plan to relocate to Canada in 2019.
Now the question is- Is it possible to go to Canada with the baby (who was not part of the application obviously :) )
and I am sure it is possible, so what is the process of adding the new baby so that he/she also received the PR card when we land in Canada for good?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You'll need to sponsor the baby for PR. At least one of you must be physically in Canada in order to do this - and you must remain in Canada while the application is processed.

When you're ready to relocate to Canada, you'll apply for a TRV for the baby so that the baby can come with you. If the TRV is refused (this isn't at all unusual), you'll try applying for a TRP. If the TRP is also refused (again, not at all unusual), then one of you will have to remain in your home country with the baby while the other travels to Canada to submit the PR application for the baby and wait out the processing of that application in Canada. Once the PR visa is approved (processing will likely be around six months), the baby will be able to come to Canada.

Short answer - if you decide to have the baby outside of Canada, it's quite possible you may have to be separated as a family for 6-8 months to sponsor the child for PR and be able to bring the child to Canada.

Reactions: hishamx87

avhatekar

Nov 3, 2015
Hello Vaibhav,
I am planning in same way like, let's see, how it takes place
you can contact me on 9850067382

Rahul61

Star Member
Dec 5, 2021
Hi,
Wanted to seek info regarding a case as below:
Me and my wife receive COPR and do soft landing in May 2018 and come back to India after couple of weeks and also receive our PR cards.
My wife is pregnant and the baby is due in December 2018.
We do not want to relocate to Canada yet atleast until the baby is born.
Lets see we plan to relocate to Canada in 2019.
Now the question is- Is it possible to go to Canada with the baby (who was not part of the application obviously :) )
and I am sure it is possible, so what is the process of adding the new baby so that he/she also received the PR card when we land in Canada for good?
Could you guide regarding what you did?