+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby and ITA application

movupnorth

Feb 7, 2018
I got an ITA through the April 12 express entry draw.
My baby was born in early march and the passport application is still in progress. Getting the passport in hand is probably weeks away. My 90 days expires in early July.

My question is- Is there a way to complete post ITA application and get to the document list to be submitted without the passport? I dont see a way to complete the application without entering passport details. Also, Can we do the medicals without completing the application?

We reside in USA btw, and I have everything else ready- Experience letters, PCC etc.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I got an ITA through the April 12 express entry draw.
My baby was born in early march and the passport application is still in progress. Getting the passport in hand is probably weeks away. My 90 days expires in early July.

My question is- Is there a way to complete post ITA application and get to the document list to be submitted without the passport? I dont see a way to complete the application without entering passport details. Also, Can we do the medicals without completing the application?

We reside in USA btw, and I have everything else ready- Experience letters, PCC etc.
You should get US Passport in next couple of weeks max as even regular processing applications for US Passports take approximately 4-5 weeks at most. Having said that not sure if you knew of the expedite option available, I was able to get passport for my daughter born in late March in 2 days and even obtained PPR and CoPR is on the way.

If I were you, I would go ahead and book an appointment with Panel physician for middle June, you will get the medicals completed by June 20 or thereabout and you should have enough time to prepare and submit E-APR before the expiry.

For submitting E-APR all you need is, ECA, IELTS, PCC, Job Verification Letter (for adults only) and Medical for everyone. You should be all good if you just obtain passport for the baby and PCCs for all adults on the application prior to expiration of your ITA.

Good luck with your application!

Reactions: movupnorth

movupnorth

Feb 7, 2018
You should get US Passport in next couple of weeks max as even regular processing applications for US Passports take approximately 4-5 weeks at most. Having said that not sure if you knew of the expedite option available, I was able to get passport for my daughter born in late March in 2 days and even obtained PPR and CoPR is on the way.

If I were you, I would go ahead and book an appointment with Panel physician for middle June, you will get the medicals completed by June 20 or thereabout and you should have enough time to prepare and submit E-APR before the expiry.

For submitting E-APR all you need is, ECA, IELTS, PCC, Job Verification Letter (for adults only) and Medical for everyone. You should be all good if you just obtain passport for the baby and PCCs for all adults on the application prior to expiration of your ITA.

Good luck with your application!
Did you not need medicals for your baby?
If it was needed what did the medicals entail? I am nervous of getting an xray done for my baby, whose birth date is also in march :)

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Did you not need medicals for your baby?
If it was needed what did the medicals entail? I am nervous of getting an xray done for my baby, whose birth date is also in march :)
No need to do any X-Ray or blood tests for the baby. It is purely a physical exam where baby will be checked head to toe by the Doctor including reflexes appropriate for their age. For my daughter they checked her eyes, ears, height and weight and plotted it against the percentile curve similar to one maintained by pediatricians. Its very quick and take approximately 15 min.

Reactions: movupnorth

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
As above, US passport does not take very long and medicals need to be done for everybody and it is not a big deal. If you live close to the Canada border, I will advise you get them done in Canada. It is much much cheaper there and there are options that are open on weekends.