+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BA - IDOL - University of Mumbai

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi all,

anyone here who has or knows anyone who has completed a BA degree via Distance Learning from IDOL - University of Mumbai? Was it approved and successfully evaluated by WES? I have completed First Year in 2004, Second year in 2005 and am set to give the Final Year exam next month after a 12 year gap.

Thanks in advance

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
University of Mumbai is recognised by Wes. Try their online tool. You will have to wait to complete your degree before sending it for evaluation.

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Hi xpressentry,

Thanks for the response. So even the IDOL (distance learning arm) of university of mumbai is recognised?

I checked on WES and University of Mumbai does feature on the list. I was just making double sure if IDOL is a part of that too.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
It depends on what is written on your marksheet and degree certificate. My wife studied in university of Mumbai and her degree certificates states university of Mumbai. you would need to wait until you get your degree certificate or check someone else's degree certificate who graduated before you.

PMV

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Great, I checked my first and second year marksheets...it clearly mentions "Institute of Distance Learning - University of Mumbai" so I guess I'm good to go. Thank you for the help!

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
As long as your degree says university of Mumbai, you are good to go.

prads_s

Star Member
Aug 17, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi PMV,

did wes recognise your IDOL degree? What was the Canadian equivalancy you got?

Reactions: PMV

Yashvi

Feb 28, 2018
Great, I checked my first and second year marksheets...it clearly mentions "Institute of Distance Learning - University of Mumbai" so I guess I'm good to go. Thank you for the help!
Hello!
Did WES recognise your degree?

Reactions: PMV

hds6825

Jul 1, 2018
@prads_s , @PMV , @Yashvi

Did you pursue a Master's degree from Mumbai University - IDOL and get WES Evaluation done? How many credits did the WES offer you for the courses? The credits are mentioned in the WES report

@PMV - How many credits from WES did you receive for your BA degree from MU - IDOL?

Last edited:

sosameer

Aug 2, 2021
Hi all,

anyone here who has or knows anyone who has completed a BA degree via Distance Learning from IDOL - University of Mumbai? Was it approved and successfully evaluated by WES? I have completed First Year in 2004, Second year in 2005 and am set to give the Final Year exam next month after a 12 year gap.

Thanks in advance
Hey, i am planning to get my MscIT done from university of mumbai Idol (distance learning) it will be considered ass MASTERS DEGREE by WES right? please let me know the admisions start soon. Thank You.