Waived
Passport Req..
Visa Excempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/06/2015
LANDED..........
August 7th, 2015! Through Port Huron!
Hi hi~

I am trying to pack and filling out my B4 forms for Goods to Follow and I have a few questions. If I put on the paperwork "50 shirts" and I add a few more after or miss a few are they gonna go through my stuff and be like "you have 60 shirts, but your paperwork says 50"...and I get in trouble? How accurate does this list have to be...I have a LOT of stuff...and I am getting nervous...All my personal stuff, oils, lotions, fragrances...I mean if I put 5 fragrances and I have 8 by the time Im packed, are they going to notice/care? I am trying to be as exact as I can but with so much stuff, its like :eek:

We ALWAYS have had issues with the border...if they are going to do a search on a vehicle, its going to be me...If going through the airport, I always get picked on for extra screening...its just my luck.

So I am worrying about what is the worst case scenario...even if I dont mean to do something wrong, and I do by accident, and get caught...???

I am doing as much as a detailed list as I can, and labeling all my boxes with the same information.

Goods to Follow, what if I need to add or take away from my list? And I cant find the Goods to Follow paperwork? Ive done searches but havent found one? The biggest thing that will be on the goods to follow will be my car, all the other stuff I am TRYING to get on the first trip so less paperwork/hassle...

Thank you for any advice! As always <3

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saw your PM, but thought I'd reply here.

Have a read through this thread:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/form-b4-goods-to-followaccompanying-list-how-to-t44793.0.html

Congrats!

Morganhannah

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
Ravcat said:
Hi hi~

I am trying to pack and filling out my B4 forms for Goods to Follow and I have a few questions. If I put on the paperwork "50 shirts" and I add a few more after or miss a few are they gonna go through my stuff and be like "you have 60 shirts, but your paperwork says 50"...and I get in trouble? How accurate does this list have to be...I have a LOT of stuff...and I am getting nervous...All my personal stuff, oils, lotions, fragrances...I mean if I put 5 fragrances and I have 8 by the time Im packed, are they going to notice/care? I am trying to be as exact as I can but with so much stuff, its like :eek:

We ALWAYS have had issues with the border...if they are going to do a search on a vehicle, its going to be me...If going through the airport, I always get picked on for extra screening...its just my luck.

So I am worrying about what is the worst case scenario...even if I dont mean to do something wrong, and I do by accident, and get caught...???

I am doing as much as a detailed list as I can, and labeling all my boxes with the same information.

Goods to Follow, what if I need to add or take away from my list? And I cant find the Goods to Follow paperwork? Ive done searches but havent found one? The biggest thing that will be on the goods to follow will be my car, all the other stuff I am TRYING to get on the first trip so less paperwork/hassle...

Thank you for any advice! As always <3
I can tell you what happened with my husband when he landed! They didn't look through any of his things, only the B4 form. They didn't even look at the additional papers I wrote out with what was in each of the boxes. He didn't even keep them. They also made me re write the entire goods to follow form because he gave me a different document to write them on. He's bringing the rest of his goods to follow tomorrow so we will see if they go through the stuff them.

bethanycupcakes

Star Member
May 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 16th, 2014
AOR Received.
November 24th, 2014
File Transfer...
November 24th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
June 11th, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 14, 2015
I haven't landed yet, but I am in the middle of filling out the same forms. What I have done is this:

Break things down into prospective categories (IE Clothes, home goods, electronics, toiletries, etc). Within those categories you can say things like "shirts, pants, shoes" etc. I choose to put the total value of everything in the category at the top like "Clothes - Total value $200" However, you may wish to be more specific. When we called the call centre to ask how specific we need to be they said "be as detailed as possible" So I guess that means whatever the hell you want it to mean.

For my B4 forms, I simply put
1)Clothes (see attached document for details) Value $_____
2) electronics (see attached document for details) Value $____

ETC, and attached the detailed list I made including all the items.

Hope that helps for reference!

Morganhannah

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
18-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-04-2015
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2015
My husband just went and crossed the border with his goods to follow. The officer said they only care about items listed in detail when they are jewelry or electronics. We had a uhaul full of just generalized things in the 8 categories and they didn't even look into it.

lleahdoll

Nov 12, 2012
USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Sep 9th, 2014
Doc's Request.
May 5th, 2015 (CSQ requested)
AOR Received.
Oct 14th, 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 14th, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
July 29th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Aug 1st, 2015 COPR: Aug 6th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 1st, 2015
I am hoping to land rather soon(just got DM today, yay!).

And I am thinking of mailing some heavier/bulkier items that won't travel well on my flight back to Canada. How would Canada Post know not to charge me duty on my goods though?