+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

b4 form help

jordan2110

Star Member
May 26, 2012
Hello my wife and I have no idea how to fill out form b4. I have sponsored my wife and she is coming here December. We are bringing two large suitcases full of her belongings. She is bringing clothes, shoes , jewelery, some electronics like hair dryer and laptop and some books and maybe medicine. Does she need to write down every article of clothing and what's it worth? That could be 20 pages long. In laymen terms how do we fill out this form properly. Also not items will be mailed later

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
jordan2110 said:
Hello my wife and I have no idea how to fill out form b4. I have sponsored my wife and she is coming here December. We are bringing two large suitcases full of her belongings. She is bringing clothes, shoes , jewelery, some electronics like hair dryer and laptop and some books and maybe medicine. Does she need to write down every article of clothing and what's it worth? That could be 20 pages long. In laymen terms how do we fill out this form properly. Also not items will be mailed later
Do we really need to fill out b4 form.The large two suitcases she is bringing is the regular daily use stuff of her and every one brings when traveling in and out of North America...I am not sure whether to declare or not this stuff...Hope some one else answer this query....:)

jordan2110

Star Member
May 26, 2012
I have searched all canadavisa forum and nobody has a detailed list how to fill out form b4. Is this form some thing we are not allowed to talk about ? This is a very important form and nobody talks about it

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
jordan2110 said:
I have searched all canadavisa forum and nobody has a detailed list how to fill out form b4. Is this form some thing we are not allowed to talk about ? This is a very important form and nobody talks about it
I don't think it is a problem to talk about it! from what I understood, you don't need to list "every piece of clothes", but more so general numbers, for example: jackets, 3, pants 4, etc.
it's important to list the valuable items - lap top, etc. Jewellery needs to be photographed, see here for more explanation http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-goods-what.asp

Good luck,
Sweden

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jordan2110 said:
You just overlook this popular thread in the forum:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t44793.0.html