+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

B a c k G r o u n d C h e c k s....?

Ra00

May 29, 2009
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear all
what is background check...and how it effects our PR application. I never hide or misrepresent anything...Still i need to worry for Background Checks..
The only thing is that ,My correspondance to CHC is from my parents address where i am not living as i am living on rent and rented homes are not reliable because we both leave house for job from 9 to 5.

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is not a problem if they enquire about your current residency address and they found none of there so they simply ask you for explanation, if applicable. Otherwise I am sure you definitley would have been explained in your application about your rented home(s) and your spouse job. So this is what I undertand this will not make any negetive impact on your application while your background checks.

See what other says.

Regards

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ra00 said:
i have moved to new house before 3 months and i updated CHC with my Parents addressand declare that i am living with my parents.(not where i have moved now).Both addresses cover PCC(in same district).My parents will confirm if CHC guy come to check.What you say now???
Most likely they do not verify residential address, PCC is suffice for them. But in case if they verify so your father can say that you both are on job... but chances are very limited.

Regards

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
on generic form 008 you could use your parent's address as your mailing address and your rented house as your residential address.

Your parents address was your permanent address.....I think you don't need to worry on this part, PCC are more than enough.

coolguy001

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
they will check ur residential adress, about ur work experience , pcc and others which u claimed through supporting documents..

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
Raoo......... You are not cleat with this of your post , about the current status of your case. As i remember that you are even done with your medicals and at this stage i dont believe that Background Checks will take place. If you see at the stages of immigration , It is the 2nd stage after submitting the documents and then medicals. I am sure normally if they reverse again to the 2nd stage for each applicant, then it will be great loss of time for CHC. Deffinatelly they are working on set rules but in case if you have represented something and someone complains at any stage then the possibilities are there for a repeat verifications. I hope it will help you.....

Hot-Lier

May 27, 2009
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2011
Doc's Request.
17-4-2012
AOR Received.
17-4-2012
File Transfer...
14-08-2011
Med's Request
07-06-2012
Med's Done....
12-06-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
8-09-2012
Secondly in your case it is not misspresentation surely .........It happens normally. I have given the address of my Brother as a mailing address and my current residentional address is a rented house. Misspresentation is that if they come to my residentional address and no body is at home and even my neighbours say that we dont know mr **** is living here. or he never lived here then an explanation would be required but CHC dont check with addresses and as others say PCC is everything in this area.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I agree with Hot Lier, the background checks are already done if the medicals are sent and completed by the applicant. HOWEVER, notice that CIC is fully authorize to conduct another set of background check at any point of time, it could be random or for any other reason to comb out any doubts they have. Background checks are completely on Visa Officer discretion.

Obviously, you don't need to worry, but background checks sometimes also means as Security Checks which are done when the applicant passes the medical and RPR fee is paid. This is the final stage after which the PPR is issued if all goes well.

PUNJAB BOY

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi New Yorker,

How long they will take to complete Security checks after RPRF and to issue PPR. My time frame is as per below:

Applied : Aug 08
AOR : Sep 08
Medicals, Travel history form & Funds requested & Done: Oct 08
Updated Proof of funds requested with RPRF : April 09
Updated Proof of funds Sent with RPRF : May 09

Now its two months after RPRF and i m waiting for PPR

Any Idea how long it will take as my medicals are 9.5 months old now

Pls reply

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Well according to trackitt.com, one can only guess since not all applicants data is NOT there so, it is taking approximately 2 months for the new applicants like you and 4 to 6 months for a older applicants (before Feb 27th).

You can expect it any time now, I wish I knew for sure how long they take to conclude the security checks, again according to the data, it may take anywhere from 1 to 2 months.