+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AXISBANK FOREX CURRENCY CARD - FOR PROOF OF FUNDS AT LANDING

KBatra

Sep 25, 2009
Hi All,

I am little confused regarding what option to choose regarding the proof of funds.
Can I use a Axis Bank Forex Card from my Bank account in India.???

http://www.axisbank.com/personal/forex/travel-currency-card/travel-currency-card-features.aspx

Pls guide me as I am trying to get my POF sorted. The other option is to make a DD from the bank but they are charging me 18000 Rs ($300) for making the Demand Draft which I want to save.

Awaiting your response....

Regards
Kunal

lawrence2007

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
15-Oct-2012
AOR Received.
15-Jan-2013
File Transfer...
15-Jun-2013
Med's Request
15-Jul-2013
Med's Done....
15-Sep-2013
Passport Req..
10-Mar-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-Mar-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jul-2014
Hi Kunal,

I wonder if the forex card could be considered as proof of funds. the CIC website does not list any type of cards as eligible proof of funds. check the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

KBatra said:
Hi All,

I am little confused regarding what option to choose regarding the proof of funds.
Can I use a Axis Bank Forex Card from my Bank account in India.???

http://www.axisbank.com/personal/forex/travel-currency-card/travel-currency-card-features.aspx

Pls guide me as I am trying to get my POF sorted. The other option is to make a DD from the bank but they are charging me 18000 Rs ($300) for making the Demand Draft which I want to save.

Awaiting your response....

Regards
Kunal
1. You are going to have to show either cash, a dd, tcs or proof of funds in your bank account. A card of any type is not proof of funds.

KBatra

Sep 25, 2009
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the info. What I was thinking to do is that when they issue you a FOREX card, they link an account to your existing account and I can get a statement from the bank that there are $18097 in that account. Will that solve the purpose?

Pls advise!!!

Kunal

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KBatra said:
Hi PMM,

Thanks for the info. What I was thinking to do is that when they issue you a FOREX card, they link an account to your existing account and I can get a statement from the bank that there are $18097 in that account. Will that solve the purpose?

Pls advise!!!

Kunal
Sounds complicated. Wouldn't it be simpler to get the bank statement showing $18097 in that account instead?

KBatra

Sep 25, 2009
Hi Steaky

Thanks for your input. I mean they link the FOREX card to the Customer ID. So all my account will be listed and I will get a statement and keep that with me and if the IO gets to fussy, I will request to walk to any ATM at the Airport and show him the balance or withdraw the cash and make him happy. Hoping that all this wont be too complicated and the IO will not mind doing that.

Any inputs/advises will be highly appreciated. I do not want to waste $300 CAD on making a DD and then have to wait 15-20 days for the money to get in my Canadian Bank account.

Cheers
Kunal

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

KBatra said:
Hi Steaky

Thanks for your input. I mean they link the FOREX card to the Customer ID. So all my account will be listed and I will get a statement and keep that with me and if the IO gets to fussy, I will request to walk to any ATM at the Airport and show him the balance or withdraw the cash and make him happy. Hoping that all this wont be too complicated and the IO will not mind doing that.

Any inputs/advises will be highly appreciated. I do not want to waste $300 CAD on making a DD and then have to wait 15-20 days for the money to get in my Canadian Bank account.

Cheers
Kunal

The Border officer is not going to waste time doing that. If you don't have the proof as required, s/he can refuse to admit.

KBatra

Sep 25, 2009
Hi PMM

Could you pls post ur reply again....The only thing it posted was Hi....

Thanks
Kunal

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
KBatra said:
Hi PMM

Could you pls post ur reply again....The only thing it posted was Hi....

Thanks
Kunal

That is the reply..it was part of the quote in blue

The Border officer is not going to waste time doing that. If you don't have the proof as required, s/he can refuse to admit.

Oscar7

Apr 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[size=9pt] Kunal,

Below are some options related to banking and financial services for would-be immigrants from India to Canada:

Option 1: http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,4362,00.html

Open an account before moving to Canada - The Scotiabank StartRight® Program1 allows eligible applicants from India to open a Canadian bank account, before moving to Canada. In fact this one mentions receiving $100 when you open an eligible checking account, so read the fine prints on the same.

Option 2: http://www.icicibank.ca/personal/crossborderbanking/helloCanada.htm

ICICI provides a Certificate of Balance, which will serve as proof of funds at the port of entry in Canada and can be issued to you upon successful completion of an outward remittance to your Hello Canada account. All you have to do is submit a request when you place your remittance instruction. They recommend that you remit your funds around one month before you leave for Canada.

Option 3: http://www.hsbc.ca/1/2/personal/new-to-canada

HSBC allows to open account / move money / transfer credit (HSBC credit history) so please feel free to reach out to them, as needed.

Take your pick from the above list. Good luck!

KBatra said:
Hi Steaky

Cheers
Kunal