+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AWKWARD

emadq

Jun 8, 2010
Dear All,
I am in a very awkward situation. After applying in 2007 and sending documents in 2009 with IELTS GT (7(L) 7.5(R) 6.5(W) 8 (S) total 7.5. and used French as Basic in Reading and Writing without proof (my lawyer told me we don't need proof for Basic French). And now I found that my IELTS whether according to the old or the new system gives me 14 and French doesn't count without a certificate. it means I have only 65 points.

Can I retake IELTS an resend it to replace the old one before a final decision. Can I count by any mean on the officer discretion to pass my IELTS as it is. Can I fulfil the management certificate - which I suspended at the last term - and use it as supportive certificate (3 years certificate) to add the missing 2 points.

Would be grateful if you have time to comment

regards

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Hello There,

You can try both. However, there are no guarentees. and no one knows how long this last semester of your diploma will take for you to compleate. Better take the IELTS again, send it and then the officer might take the higher of the 2 scores for assesment.

coolguy001

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
whether it is french or english, without any recognized test certificate , you cannot get any point.

Tef - French
IELTS - English

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emadq said:
Dear All,
I am in a very awkward situation. After applying in 2007 and sending documents in 2009 with IELTS GT (7(L) 7.5(R) 6.5(W) 8 (S) total 7.5. and used French as Basic in Reading and Writing without proof (my lawyer told me we don't need proof for Basic French). And now I found that my IELTS whether according to the old or the new system gives me 14 and French doesn't count without a certificate. it means I have only 65 points.

Can I retake IELTS an resend it to replace the old one before a final decision. Can I count by any mean on the officer discretion to pass my IELTS as it is. Can I fulfil the management certificate - which I suspended at the last term - and use it as supportive certificate (3 years certificate) to add the missing 2 points.

regards

1. You can send updated language proficiency report anytime before visa office take final decision (accept or reject) for you file.

2. You can take IELTS many time and send the result only if you get the required result, I mean 16 point in IELTS.

3. You can take IELTS 2-3 time, but every time, do not send IELTS result to visa office. Send them if you score 16 point in IELTS.

4. You have claimed basic skill in French. You can take french exam to get french point. Basic skill of french will help to get more 4 points.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The visa officers consider the latest IELTS you have submitted at the time they review your file so if you take it again, get a higher score, and submit it to the visa office before they review your file they will use the most recent test score they have.

If you have the time, you can always do this and one of the other options (French test, finish your diploma) at the same time to ensure you get the points at the time of the review. Just make sure you include your B number when you submit additional documents to the visa office.

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
emadq said:
Dear All,

regards
Dear Emad
I have nothing to tell you else than to go and BANG the head of THAT IDIOT Consultant in a wall for misleading you.
As far language test is concerned people have given you many helpful tips so dont waste time in wandering.
IELTS test and BANGING OF HEAD

emadq

Jun 8, 2010
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME AND ADVICE. I AM PREPARING FOR IELTS NOW.

ALL THE BEST FOR YOU