+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Away for 3 years

cel_t_b

Nov 9, 2012
Good day.

I have been away from Canada for almost 3 years (from Feb 2010). I believe (and pray) that I will not be denied entry in any province of Canada (please correct me if I am wrong). I already bought a ticket for January 2013, I have my PR card with me which is expiring in Dec 2014, I became a permanent resident last 1 December 2009.

I was in Canada in Sept 2007 as a tourist, Married my Canadian partner in 2008. Became a permanent resident in December 2009. I stayed there from Sep 2007 to Feb 2010

I left Canada beacuse I need time to breathe... (My spouse got laid off and took it on me, should I say it is verbal abuse??? She was always telling me I am there because of her and I owe her big time...I have diabetes and asthma, she said she cannot afford my meds anymore...so, i used up my savings...We moved to one cheap accomodation to another. There was a time when my friends visited me and I was still chatting with them outside, I just realized when they left, that she locked me out...it was freezing.....saved by a housemate that I called to open the door for me...Her family never supported our decision to get married, it got to her as well. I was not allowed to work until I get my residency so I used my savings to support myself).

I think I am ready to come back. I want to start anew.

I have a few questions: my situation is really complicated...I need help...

1. Will I not be denied entry??? . How do I count the days???
2. I can go to any Province?
3. I know I need to be physically present for 730 days, does it need to be straight??? what if I need to travel even for a week or two??? is it allowed??? and I will still get 730 days???
4. I was employed in my home country for 2 years. Are Organanizations like World bamk, Islamic Development Bank and Asian Development Bank considered a Canadian Owned Company (since Canada is a member country?)?
5. Will there be a problem if I file for divorce as soon as I have the resources??? I heard she is spreading many of bad things about me, and she said she will write immigration to pretend that the marriage is a fraud so i will not be allowed to come back. Is that true???

Hope you can help me and reduce this nervous feeling... :-(

Thank you for your time...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. You will not be denied entry. If you are asked, admit that you were outside Canada for almost 3 years but emphasize the almost. Tell the immigration officer that you realize that in order to meet the residency requirements, you can not leave Canada again until at the earliest in 2 years time.

2. You can go to any province

3. If you can prove without a doubt that you left in Feb. 2010, you have another month to play with but still, each entry into Canada is a bit risky if you are close with the residency requirements. If you get in without a problem this time, I would advise staying for at least full 2 years. Then renew your PR card, then you can travel.

4. No, you would have to have been hired in Canada and transferred to an overseas position if you wanted to keep your PR because of a Canadian employer. Being hired by a multi-national firm that is part Canadian while living overseas will not cut it.

5. I think it would be best to avoid your ex for the time being while you get established in Canada. Then you can file for divorce if you want to. Or don't divorce, just stay out of her way. If she reports you to immigration, you will just have to deal with it. What speaks for your case is that you seem to have had a relationship with her for some time before the sponsorship and I suppose you were living together from 2008 - 2010. However, what speaks against you is that you left her only 2 months after getting your PR. Probably as soon as you got your PR card in the mail. On those grounds, she could possibly get immigration to believe her but the longer you stay in Canada, the more established you become, the more years pass that she does not report you, the lower are the odds that she will succeed.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon is absolutly rigt come over just be,polite with,officers at the airport once u,r I wait for 730 days. In tht time period. Try not to be involved in any issues like ur,spouse sounds she can cayse trouble for u so,to avoid tht just even go to the different province then her. N start ur life,again. Best of luck