BC PNP
AOR Received.
Dec 5,2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 22,2018
LANDED..........
Mar 17, 2018
Dear Members

I have two urgent questions regarding the express entry and would greatly appreciate if anyone can provide assistance. I have just finished my master's degree in Canada (completing all of the degree requirements) and received a Degree Completion Letter form the University. The actual degree will be conferred in November 2017.

1. My first question is that I am updating my EE profile and I don't know which one to choose under "Standing at the end of study period":
a. In good standing but no certificate or diploma or degree awarded
b. Certificate or diploma or degree awarded

2. My second question is that will CIC accept the Degree Completion Letter or they will reject the application because they require the actual degree? Has anyone had experience getting a PR and used the degree completion letter to proof the education or having experience getting rejection?

Thank you SO MUCH for any comments or answers, any input is much appreciated!

spth38

Jan 11, 2014
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2017
Doc's Request.
19-06-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Passport Req..
30-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-10-2017
There were quite a number of applicants got their application cancelled because they forgot to attach their degree certificate. However, your situation is different and you simply don't have it in hand just yet. What I suggest you do is to submit the completion letter and a letter of explanation along with your application indicating that when you will have the certificate and you will upload it. You can upload it by raising a CSE and submit once you have it. (There is no guarantee that this will work but there will be no negative impact if your application got cancelled for not having the certificate. You can apply again after that.)

Good Luck ;)