+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting Visa for dependent child

Shaoli 123

Nov 7, 2019
Hi All
Applies from UK
Applied on 8th August 2019
Stamping done 2nd September 2019

But my son who is 15 years old who is wheelchair bound is yet to receive his visa. His medicals were submitted on 30th August.
Is anyone else facing such delays.
Am looking for some answers.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All
Applies from UK
Applied on 8th August 2019
Stamping done 2nd September 2019

But my son who is 15 years old who is wheelchair bound is yet to receive his visa. His medicals were submitted on 30th August.
Is anyone else facing such delays.
Am looking for some answers.
Did you start your course in September? Family member approval often take# much longer than students. Given that your son may need both medical care and accommodations in school there isn’t a clear timeline. Family members of international students aren’t guaranteed visas/permits to go to Canada as well and the cost of his care and schooling will factor into the approval decisions. If you are planning on applying for PR this will also be a factor. Are you attending a school in a province where you will have provincial insurance or insurance through your university international student plan? Depending on your son’s needs the insurance offered may not be sufficient and you should look at the plan. They tend to be pretty basic plans to minimize cost and because most students are young and healthy.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please post on the forum and not PM me. Nobody ca guarantee when and if your son will be approved. His case is not the same as a child without a disability and his expenses will be much higher which may lead to refusal. You have no real option but to wait.