+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting response for IRCC - Study visa Canada

Rishabh.1

Apr 16, 2019
Applied for visa on 23rd of march and gave my biomatric on 1st of april.. on 10th april i got a mail for embassy regarding biomatric correspondence letter and now there is no update can anyone tell me how much time for visa ? And getting this correspondence letter is a positive sign ?

kevingoku

Star Member
Apr 6, 2019
Usually sds applicants get their final decision in 1-2 working days after receiving biometric correspondence letter. There seems to be surge in no. of applications lately. Better contact IRCC once, through this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp. Coming to the 2nd part of your question correspondence letter is just an acknowledgement about your biometrics nothing more. Everyone who applied for Canadian Visa and submitted biometrics will receive it irrespective of the final decision.

Reactions: MEHRANTEHRAN

Rishabh.1

Apr 16, 2019
H
Usually sds applicants get their final decision in 1-2 working days after receiving biometric correspondence letter. There seems to be surge in no. of applications lately. Better contact IRCC once, through this form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp. Coming to the 2nd part of your question correspondence letter is just an acknowledgement about your biometrics nothing more. Everyone who applied for Canadian Visa and submitted biometrics will receive it irrespective of the final decision.
Do you think it is right to make any enquiry with the embassy actually i had a word with some one regarding this and he said me not to do anything for now it may lead to refusal

kevingoku

Star Member
Apr 6, 2019
Loll, whoever said this to you doesn't know anything about Immigration, they are misleading you. You can contact IRCC through that form If

You want to:
  • ask about an application that has taken longer than the normal processing times
  • update or give more information about an application
  • change my contact information
  • report a technical problem
This is what is written on that page. You are not doing anything illegal here. If you have any of the above problems, you can contact them through that form. Otherwise why would they keep that form in the first place? Simple logic :D

If you still don't want to contact them, that's your personal decision. Just stay patient and wait!! Posting for help on this forum when your application has passed the normal processing time, seems to be a good idea rather than contacting the IRCC? Seriously??

Rishabh.1

Apr 16, 2019
Loll, whoever said this to you doesn't know anything about Immigration, they are misleading you. You can contact IRCC through that form If

You want to:
  • ask about an application that has taken longer than the normal processing times
  • update or give more information about an application
  • change my contact information
  • report a technical problem
This is what is written on that page. You are not doing anything illegal here. If you have any of the above problems, you can contact them through that form. Otherwise why would they keep that form in the first place? Simple logic :D

If you still don't want to contact them, that's your personal decision. Just stay patient and wait!! Posting for help on this forum when your application has passed the normal processing time, seems to be a good idea rather than contacting the IRCC? Seriously??
I filled up the form and got a conformation of submission and it was written there that you ll get a reply within 28 working days

kevingoku

Star Member
Apr 6, 2019
I filled up the form and got a conformation of submission and it was written there that you ll get a reply within 28 working days
ok bro. FYI one guy on another thread got visa approved who applied on 28th march SDS online on April 12th. Good luck for you too.. I hope you get a reply this week