+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting PR

soja36

Feb 19, 2019
I just got an email saying my PR application has been completed. And that I will be contacted for an appointment to finalize on my on on my PR application.
My question is how long would it take before they contact me again and by what means.

Iyad717

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
I just got an email saying my PR application has been completed. And that I will be contacted for an appointment to finalize on my on on my PR application.
My question is how long would it take before they contact me again and by what means.
Hi Soja36,
Congrats!!! I just received the same email saying my PR application has been completed and the immigration office will contact me shortly. how long did it take the immigration to contact you about the appointment? Did they send you an email or mail about the appointment? and last thing, what are we suppose to do/bring in during this appointment? Many thanks and congrats again!

Reactions: Dreamer1212

Dreamer1212

Feb 5, 2019
Hi Soja36,
Congrats!!! I just received the same email saying my PR application has been completed and the immigration office will contact me shortly. how long did it take the immigration to contact you about the appointment? Did they send you an email or mail about the appointment? and last thing, what are we suppose to do/bring in during this appointment? Many thanks and congrats again!
Congratulations :)
Can you share your time line please

Iyad717

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
Congratulations :)
Can you share your time line please
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 13, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 18, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on June 19, 2018.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 21, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. We sent you correspondence on April 12, 2019 about the decision on your application.

soja36

Feb 19, 2019
Hi Soja36,
Am sorry for the late response: I was contacted by e mail after 2 weeks for my P.R confirmation. At the appointment you will be required to come with the same e mail they sent to you, your IDs and 2 recent passport photo( These will be in the e mail they will send to you). My interview was a week after the e mail. I hope my answer help.

Reactions: Iyad717

Iyad717

Star Member
Jul 1, 2016
Am sorry for the late response: I was contacted by e mail after 2 weeks for my P.R confirmation. At the appointment you will be required to come with the same e mail they sent to you, your IDs and 2 recent passport photo( These will be in the e mail they will send to you). My interview was a week after the e mail. I hope my answer help.
Thanks for the info Soja. How long did it take till you received your PR card after the interview?