+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting passport submission letter from delhi embassy since long time

nikitapise23

Star Member
May 20, 2021
I am residing in Mumbai , India and my husband resides in Canada who has Canadian citizenship.
after our legal marriage we have applied Spousal sponsorship PR application on 4th August 2020.
I have received and completed my medical and bio-metric on 19th November and 09th December 2020.
We have informed by Canadian Visa office that my file has been transferred to Canadian Visa office Delhi on 22nd Feb 2021. It was mentioned during the file transfer that it we shall received visa submission letter within 2 months of the file arrival at Delhi office. But unfortunately we have not received any update or any letter within even after 3 months. Also, even after this time we have not any update. Kindly let me know what should we do next and when should we expect the letter.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am residing in Mumbai , India and my husband resides in Canada who has Canadian citizenship.
after our legal marriage we have applied Spousal sponsorship PR application on 4th August 2020.
I have received and completed my medical and bio-metric on 19th November and 09th December 2020.
We have informed by Canadian Visa office that my file has been transferred to Canadian Visa office Delhi on 22nd Feb 2021. It was mentioned during the file transfer that it we shall received visa submission letter within 2 months of the file arrival at Delhi office. But unfortunately we have not received any update or any letter within even after 3 months. Also, even after this time we have not any update. Kindly let me know what should we do next and when should we expect the letter.
Something was lost in translation since there is no guarantee that you will get passport submission after 2 months. You haven't even reached the 1 year mark which is typical for spouse sponsorships.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
agree with above.

Where did you learn about:

It was mentioned during the file transfer that it we shall received visa submission letter within 2 months of the file arrival at Delhi office.
Usually once it reaches local VO, it's up to the local VO how long it takes to process the applications.
You should look at the trend of Delhi VO.