+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting eligibility interview and WP

Canadian_rainbow

Aug 30, 2022
Hello everyone,
Can I get a help from someone concerning this my question?
I'm so stressed at the moment regarding the delay in my asylum eligibility Interview.
I submitted my inland application on feb. 19 2024
Came on students Visa so I didn't do a medical, my previous medical tests was used and it says I passed it on feb. 23 2024 and receive the acknowledge claims the same 23 of feb. 2024
Now I'm awaiting the eligibility interview date and it been two months, few days now but no response.
Funny enough, a friend of mine filed in their asylum claim and in a month he got his eligibility interview appointment and has now getting his brown paper and work PERMIT.
I'm so confused because I did before him and I'm still awaiting appointment date for the eligibility interview.
My main worry is, is it normal 2 to 3 months waiting?
People around me got them after 3 months. Its very very normal.

Reactions: Nagbah

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Hello everyone,
I'm so stressed at the moment regarding the delay in my asylum eligibility Interview.
Came on students Visa so I didn't do a medical, my previous medical tests was used and it says I passed it on feb. 23 2024 and receive the acknowledge claims the same 23 of feb. 2024
Now I'm awaiting the eligibility interview date and it been two months, few days now but no response.
Funny enough, a friend of mine filed in their asylum claim and in a month he got his eligibility interview appointment and has now getting his brown paper and work PERMIT.
I'm so confused because I did before him and I'm still awaiting appointment date for the eligibility interview.
Believe me IRCC aren’t serious in treating application. Someone might submit within a month and get its application processed while on the other hand someone else applied for over 3 months no news. I just don’t understand maybe they all do this on purpose or doesn’t it require bribery to get it faster because I don’t understand anymore

trymebeyonce2020

Feb 21, 2023
Hello everyone,
And usually it takes about 4 to 5 month to be called for biometric and the bla bla bla

Abyatee

Apr 10, 2024
Hello everyone,

I am in the same boat

Submitted BOC 4 March 2024
Medicals passed 26 March 2024
Now nothing and it's stressing me out
Does anyone know the new timelines?

zizilylian

Apr 20, 2024
Hello everyone,
I'm in the same boat. Medical passed and acknowledgement on the same day, March 8th cos I did medical before. Nothing since then, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the medical...I'm confused cos those who had to do medical have already been called/are called within a month after their medical is updated.

Nkay11

May 3, 2024
Hello everyone,
Hello, just wondering I also came as a student and I’ve claimed for asylum can I work with the work permit when I get it before I start actual studies will deferring my course affect my application?
I also applied on April 1 and waiting for my eligibility interview. Best wishes

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, just wondering I also came as a student and I’ve claimed for asylum can I work with the work permit when I get it before I start actual studies will deferring my course affect my application?
I also applied on April 1 and waiting for my eligibility interview. Best wishes
You are only eligible to start working once you start your studies. I would recommend avoiding working illegally and waiting until your studies start before you start working.