Nov 22, 2023
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello friends,

Timeline for my inland refugee claim so far
BOC submitted 15 Aug 2023
AOC received 20 Aug 2023
Medical exam completed 23 Aug 2023

it’s been 3 months since but there’s no news of my eligibility interview or work permit. Is there a way to expedite the process. I even visited IRCC office at Etobicoke but nobody helped me. Pls if anyone can guide me or share their experience. I’m getting very anxious

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello friends,

AOC received 20 Aug 2023

it’s been 3 months since but there’s no news of my eligibility interview or work permit. Is there a way to expedite the process. I even visited IRCC office at Etobicoke but nobody helped me. Pls if anyone can guide me or share their experience. I’m getting very anxious
No way to expedite the process. Others arrived earlier than you did and are also waiting. The system is overwhelmed. By reducing proof needed to get a TRV there has been a huge influx of asylum claimants so wait times will increase for all steps of the process and sadly many will not be able to find shelter. Many are unaware that the asylum process can last for years.

Reactions: CanadianDream2023
Nov 22, 2023
Job Offer........
Yes
No way to expedite the process. Others arrived earlier than you did and are also waiting. The system is overwhelmed. By reducing proof needed to get a TRV there has been a huge influx of asylum claimants so wait times will increase for all steps of the process and sadly many will not be able to find shelter. Many are unaware that the asylum process can last for years.
Thank you for your feedback. I’ll continue to wait until I hear something soon. Have a great day ahead

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Hello friends,

AOC received 20 Aug 2023

no need to be nervous or anxious or frustrated, it will take time, a lot of time. some are waiting for over a year and some got in 2 months. so no one knows exactly. but the best thing is keep in your mind that it will take atleast 1.5 to 2 years to reach the final decision.

Reactions: CanadianDream2023

GG851815

Nov 28, 2023
Hello friends,

AOC received 20 Aug 2023

Have you completed Biometrics and Passpost Seizure step?

GG851815

Nov 28, 2023
Not yet. Waiting for IRCC to revert.
Next Step is Biometrics and Passpost Seizure ,you should be getting it any time soon (check the portal once agian if you missed it by any chance) ,it make take 30 -40 days to get work permit after biometrcis,getting work permit is faster this year due to the exception amendment last year

Nov 22, 2023
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello friends,
Timeline for my inland refugee claim so far:
BOC submitted:15 Aug 2023
AOC received:20 Aug 2023
Medical exam completed:23 Aug 2023
Biometric and passport seizure: 11 Jan 2024
Eligibility Interview: 11 Jan 2024
Work permit: 11 Jan 2024

Awaiting IRB hearing date.

SpiritualWonderWomen

Star Member
Mar 16, 2022
Hello friends,
Timeline for my inland refugee claim so far:
BOC submitted:15 Aug 2023
AOC received:20 Aug 2023
Medical exam completed:23 Aug 2023
Biometric and passport seizure: 11 Jan 2024
Eligibility Interview: 11 Jan 2024
Work permit: 11 Jan 2024

Awaiting IRB hearing date.
Did you got your brown paper and was your file been refereed ?

Nov 22, 2023
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes dear. They don’t ask anything at the eligibility interview. They just do biometrics, seize passports and give you brown paper and work permit. I hope you will get your call soon

Nagbah

Apr 26, 2024
Hello everyone,
Can I get a help from someone concerning this my question?
I'm so stressed at the moment regarding the delay in my asylum eligibility Interview.
I submitted my inland application on feb. 19 2024
Came on students Visa so I didn't do a medical, my previous medical tests was used and it says I passed it on feb. 23 2024 and receive the acknowledge claims the same 23 of feb. 2024
Now I'm awaiting the eligibility interview date and it been two months, few days now but no response.
Funny enough, a friend of mine filed in their asylum claim and in a month he got his eligibility interview appointment and has now getting his brown paper and work PERMIT.
I'm so confused because I did before him and I'm still awaiting appointment date for the eligibility interview.
My main worry is, is it normal 2 to 3 months waiting?