+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AVR question

atz

Jun 5, 2014
Hi,

I am in US on H1B visa. I am planning to do landing in next two months. Does anyone know based on my information below if I will be able to utilize AVR?

I Entered USA on F1 visa in 2007 and hasn't been outside the country since then. My visa status changed to H1B within USA and I've got my H1B renewed twice since then based on changing employer etc. Obviously my F1 visa has expired and my current H1B is valid till Oct 2015. Another thing to note is that when I came to USA, my F1 visa was stamped on my old passport which expired a year back and I got a renewed passport from Indian embassy in NY a year back.

Would really appreciate if anyone has any idea if AVR would work in my situation. I am planning to land / return by Air.

Thanks..

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Atz,

I think you can still use AVR if you have a vaild I-94.

you might have to complete your landing by road and come back to US within a month, if you don't have a valid visa.

caspr

Jul 2, 2015
Hi,

Where you able to visit and come back on AVR ? Could you please share the experience.

Thanks.

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
caspr said:
Hi,

Where you able to visit and come back on AVR ? Could you please share the experience.

Thanks.
I have not, still not sure if it is safe or not.

I can apply for visa interview in Toronto however don't want to if I don't have to.

ssg_86

Jun 26, 2015
I used ARV to get back to US last Saturday. No trouble . I did via air , flew from Calgary to New York. Did the US pre-clearance in Calgary airport( shown my expired visa,I20 -for student, i94 ). No further documents asked, they asked how long I gonna be in the States and that is it. Took me about 15 min

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
bikbis said:
Hi Atz,

I think you can still use AVR if you have a vaild I-94.

you might have to complete your landing by road and come back to US within a month, if you don't have a valid visa.

WRONG.

You can do landing by AIR too. I did on July 6th and retuned to US on 8th. Simple questions asked

bikbis

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the correction fswevaluation.

rohit.joshi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2017
I have not, still not sure if it is safe or not.

I can apply for visa interview in Toronto however don't want to if I don't have to.
Hi @bikbis,

Please let me know what did you finally do. I'm in the same situation as yours with F1 expired and H1 approved with no visa stamp. Please let me know. Will be waiting eagerly for your reply.

Thanks,
Rohit

Ankson

Star Member
Nov 30, 2019
Hi Everyone..

Is L1 visa holder also eligible for automatic revalidation (AVR)? I have an expired L1 visa (extended I-797 & I-94). Can I use AVR to soft land in canada?

Thanks in advance!