+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Avoid Humber College

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Dear "R" star member and "jitu1011" hero member if you can see my reply then please I request you to pm me your email plzzz <<<I know its difficult to trust this newbie but in the beginning everybody is a stranger>>> .I need you guys really at this time before taking any big decisions.The reply you posted in "avoid humber college" post are actually true and influential and I respect those statements. I wish if i could have a brother like you guys .

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
plzhelpme said:
Dear "R" star member and "jitu1011" hero member if you can see my reply then please I request you to pm me your email plzzz <<<I know its difficult to trust this newbie but in the beginning everybody is a stranger>>> .I need you guys really at this time before taking any big decisions.The reply you posted in "avoid humber college" post are actually true and influential and I respect those statements. I wish if i could have a brother like you guys .

Sorry I was busy, just sent you PM today

Bottlehead

Mar 5, 2013
Jitu1011 said:
Brother you have a nice profile, i wont suggest you to waste money in 8 months course, though you can get 1yr work permit and you need to have a nice job with full support of your employer to get your work permit extension by way of LMO(Labor Market Opinion)
Your work permit will be Post Grad work permit which will be issued once so you need to complete your all planned studies and then apply work permit so you can actually complete 1yr course and then continue studies in another course and if you are done you can apply for work permit. But if you want to complete 8months course and then apply work permit and continue studies than you will not get any work permit based on studies

I will suggest you to choose a course before landing (refund of fees is allowed in 15days of start of course) as it involve a lot of money. I am not sure what you are expecting after completion of wireless courses as you will end up spending $24000 on fees and rest average $20000 on living expenses in two years, so getting a related job over $48k p.a in necessary to cover up your expenses you are making in your studies.

I am not discouraging but you should know your financials before making a step, try a one year course or else be prepared to own a huge debt.
Hi Jitu,
I am looking to come to Toronto for an MBA program this May. My purpose is PR but I also want to pursue a course which is valuable and can lead to a good job. By reading these forums, I get the idea that GBC seems to be a lot better than Humber. Only thing I want to clarify is regarding the PG work permit. If I enroll for a 1-year course at George Brown (as most courses are of one year duration), is it okay if I enroll for another course after my first course. In that case, would I be given a 3 year PGWP as it is given after a two-year course or a 2 year PGWP because I did two separate courses.
Also, if I complete my first course in May 2014, as I plan to come in May 2013, and wish to take my subsequent course in September 2014, is that possible to stay and wait in Canada for 4 months until my next course starts (May till September) as I gather that you can only apply once for your PGWP.
Thanks in advance. I want to thank you for all your posts in this forum as they are by far the most genuine information regarding admissions in Canada and helps us students a lot.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Bottlehead said:
Hi Jitu,
I am looking to come to Toronto for an MBA program this May. My purpose is PR but I also want to pursue a course which is valuable and can lead to a good job. By reading these forums, I get the idea that GBC seems to be a lot better than Humber. Only thing I want to clarify is regarding the PG work permit. If I enroll for a 1-year course at George Brown (as most courses are of one year duration), is it okay if I enroll for another course after my first course. In that case, would I be given a 3 year PGWP as it is given after a two-year course or a 2 year PGWP because I did two separate courses.
Also, if I complete my first course in May 2014, as I plan to come in May 2013, and wish to take my subsequent course in September 2014, is that possible to stay and wait in Canada for 4 months until my next course starts (May till September) as I gather that you can only apply once for your PGWP.
Thanks in advance. I want to thank you for all your posts in this forum as they are by far the most genuine information regarding admissions in Canada and helps us students a lot.

1. You can get a 3 year PGWP only if one of the program (out of two) you complete is a degree.
2. Yes, you can wait provided your study permit is valid up to 4 extra months.

aarturr92

Apr 20, 2013
If I complete 2 years program in GBC : Computer Systems Techncian will i get 3 years work permit ?

I am asking becausee enfield posted : "You can get a 3 year PGWP only if one of the program (out of two) you complete is a degree." My program is not a degree, it is only diploma

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
aarturr92 said:
If I complete 2 years program in GBC : Computer Systems Techncian will i get 3 years work permit ?

I am asking becausee enfield posted : "You can get a 3 year PGWP only if one of the program (out of two) you complete is a degree." My program is not a degree, it is only diploma
You will get 3 years work permit. !

SUDHARSHAN99

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Jitu,

good day !!!

am going to apply Postgraduate Diploma in Supply chain managment at Humber School of Applied Technology
. need your comments regarding work permit after completion of course.
8 months Course - i got 3 exp in indian at same field.

pl suggest your kind comment

nicklon

May 11, 2013
SUDHARSHAN99 said:
Hey Jitu,

good day !!!

am going to apply Postgraduate Diploma in Supply chain managment at Humber School of Applied Technology

Even am taking this course please tell me more about this....

SUDHARSHAN99

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Nicklon,

brief about your self.....or send me a mail pingmeram@gmail.com

i vll tell you about the program, the advice got from my seniors over there

all Postive things only

vikashshinge

Apr 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i m planning to take "mobile and social media management" from Algonquin College, its 45 weeks course and i get a one year work permit with it.
Can i do project management (again one year) just after my first course and after that can I apply for 3 years work permit. Because i fullfill the 2 years study criteria. Is it possible?

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
SUDHARSHAN99 said:
Hey Jitu,

good day !!!

Sorry for this late reply, course is good and you may find better job opportunity as well.
you will get 1yr work permit but honestly I am not satisfied with the environment and faculty at Humber College.

Keep us updated about you VISA status and I will suggest you other things accordingly. (Mention you city and where you obtain experience)

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
vikashshinge said:
i m planning to take "mobile and social media management" from Algonquin College, its 45 weeks course and i get a one year work permit with it.
Can i do project management (again one year) just after my first course and after that can I apply for 3 years work permit. Because i fullfill the 2 years study criteria. Is it possible?
Yes you can do that and after completion of that you will get 3years work permit.
But what is the point behind doing that..? If PMP certification is your main goal you can obtain it without wasting time in project mgt course and save some dollors too.
It is advisable to look for a nice job and use your one year work permit for that and then apply PR in CEC class. (I am suggesting this based on my assumption that you have previous experience and could manage middle level job)

vikashshinge

Apr 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jitu1011 said:
Yes you can do that and after completion of that you will get 3years work permit.
But what is the point behind doing that..? If PMP certification is your main goal you can obtain it without wasting time in project mgt course and save some dollors too.
It is advisable to look for a nice job and use your one year work permit for that and then apply PR in CEC class. (I am suggesting this based on my assumption that you have previous experience and could manage middle level job)
Thank you Jitu1011

The course i m interested in is only for 1 year and its in Algonquin college, Ottawa, ON, Canada. It is related to my previous work experience of 2 years. With this, i will able to get 1 year work permit, if i m able to get a job offer, would i be able to apply for pnp program in this area and apply for PR. In the link given below, i see their is no information mention about requirement of minimum 6 months on job for Ontario PNP. So if i get a job offer, i can apply for PNP ASAP.

http://www.canadavisa.com/ontario-provincial-nominee-program.html#International_Student_Category

Apr 30, 2013
You Nailed it. Finally Common sense surfaces. Its always about YOU and not entirely about the college when it comes to a decision about your Visa. Thank you :)

parteek

May 31, 2013
chandigarh
Visa Office......
chandigarh
App. Filed.......
26-12-2015
AOR Received.
15-08-2018
Med's Request
Pre-Medical Done for wife
Jitu1011 said:
Veryy True, Society really matters. the crowd is really rubbish and such students are only running for eazy freaking ways to earn dollor and so often run in to trouble. Avoid this college and better go for GBC where you can actually get in touch with nice people who will help u build career.

bro i have done b tech with 76 % i want to do pg diploma in computer networks and security.i am confused between george brown and concordia university college of alberta.gbc providing the one year pg diploma course in my field where as concordia college providing th two year masters course in network security.

pls suggest me what shouild i opt for???