+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Avoid Humber College

sak78

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
hell911 said:
@ scylla

what my education consultant told me was..

""get student visa, finish 2 year course, get a job asap, extend visa using work (visa or permit, i forgot), then after working, apply for PR.""

she said this, but i dont know if there are risks or failure on getting PR, she didnt mentioned about "strong ties to your country"
Hi,

i am feeling really sorry for you and the people like you .

God bless you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I'm not sure I understand your question.

All I can tell you is that for step 1 ("get student visa") you need to demonstrate strong ties to your home country for the visa to be approved.

See the following page of the CIC site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-who.asp

"You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay."

R

Star Member
Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Humber is a real college with genuine students. There may be some courses or classes that have higher percentage of international students. But this is certainly a real and government recognized school.

You can't really blame the college for the high visa rejection rate. Humber accepts students based on their academic credentials. To be approved for a student visa by CIC you have to prove that you have strong ties to you home country, no plans on remaining in Canada long term, no study mismatch, sufficient funds to pay for your living expenses, etc. Humber obviously doesn't look at any of this when approving applications.
Humber is a good college and I have no doubt about that. Still, it's your choice to decide whether you want to study in a class where to your left side is a Gujrati, to your right is a Bangladeshi, to your front is a Punjabi, and to your back is possibly a black nigro. I mean just imagine a class with almost full of Asians. So where is that "being in Canada" factor. You got no whites in a class, so you miss so much to learn logically. When you are in India, you got stuck with its society and rules, when you are in Humber you always look for Indian fellows, You want to rent a room only with fellow Indians, You want an Indian groups. You are in Canada physically but still stuck with that Indian mentality.

Why do not you explore other provinces like Alberta and try to attend school where you got you learn or experience not just studies but a real feeling of being in Canada.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ sak
what do you mean?
shouldn't we targeting PR? we should only target study, then come back to our home country?

@ scylla
what if the satisfying of officer step is done?

==========
what about other people who go for study in canada, they dont target PR?

H

HBK

R said:
Humber is a good college and I have no doubt about that. Still, it's your choice to decide whether you want to study in a class where to your left side is a Gujrati, to your right is a Bangladeshi, to your front is a Punjabi, and to your back is possibly a black nigro. I mean just imagine a class with almost full of Asians. So where is that "being in Canada" factor. You got no whites in a class, so you miss so much to learn logically. When you are in India, you got stuck with its society and rules, when you are in Humber you always look for Indian fellows, You want to rent a room only with fellow Indians, You want an Indian groups. You are in Canada physically but still stuck with that Indian mentality.

Why do not you explore other provinces like Alberta and try to attend school where you got you learn or experience not just studies but a real feeling of being in Canada.
R!!!!!!,
I Agree with you.
Most of ontario colleges have tie up with consultants in INDIA. And for making admission of 1 students consultants recieves 10%(approximately)commission.

I agree with you that schools in ALBERTA like NAIT are far better than ontario colleges.

leo4bilal

Mar 16, 2012
Lahore
Visa Office......
CHC ISBD
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-Feb-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
File Transfer...
14-Feb-2012
Med's Request
15-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
22-Aug-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Sent after medical on 28-Aug-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-Nov-2012
LANDED..........
In sha Allah on 11th-Dec-2012
R said:

100 % agreed .... First of all, its ridiculous to say that Humber is a crap ... It is good institution ... But you should feel like a learner to get into a society whch is more advanced and more developed .... If you are leaving your home people ... then your intention must be to go somewhere where you can learn how to defend youyr rights and many other disciplines which you miss in your homely people mentality ..
I appreciate new flyers to think upon this point ....!

sak78

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
hell911 said:
@ sak
what do you mean?
shouldn't we targeting PR? we should only target study, then come back to our home country?

@ scylla
what if the satisfying of officer step is done?

==========
what about other people who go for study in canada, they dont target PR?
i dont know how to make you understand thats why i was feeling sorry for you and people like you , let me tell you one more time in otheer words.

YES you should Target Study and when you target study you will automatically qualify for PR.

By the way where is MR.SOBERDEEPAK who start this thread , we should think twice before putting something on board.

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^
yes im targeting student visa then at the end PR. whats wrong, i dont get it. :eek:

soberdeepak

Mar 30, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
22-07-2018
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
31-01-2019
sak r u crazy or sumthin !!! whats wrong if ppl wanna take PR after studies and stay in that Country ???? anywayz Pakis are not welcome in Canada anymore so no point discussin this !!!

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@domnicj
i already read the student visa and PR requirements.. what more should i read?

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ dom
i dont know, as matter of fact, you guys are confusing me,, it all started when @ sak posted (check the 1st post in this page (page #2)).

iliv4u4ever

Oct 24, 2011
Dual intent is allowed for Canadian Visa. So what ever the arguments that are being made are against the rules specified in Canadian Immigration.

The issue that is being encountered by many here is 'not satisfying Visa Officer that they will return home'. That is unnecessarily being translated into something that the officer never intended. When they say that they will not return it means that they suspect the person will stay illegally after the specified duration.

If you still don't understand it clearly please go through this

Dual intent

Purpose

To clarify communication and operations in the study permit process with respect to the concept of “dual intent” by:

Defining “dual intent’;
Reaffirming that a study permit will not be refused based on “dual intent’; and
Clarifying what steps a student must take in the application process.
Introduction

Section 22(2) of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) states: “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay.” This can come up in a situation where an international student has one intention to apply for a study permit (as a temporary resident) and a second intention to apply for permanent residency. An applicant may have several mechanisms under the Act allowing them to transfer from the temporary resident stream to the permanent resident stream that would satisfy this dual intent provision. This “dual intent’ is not grounds for refusal of the study permit.

An international student should first be aware that:

Holders of a study permit are normally required to return home at the end of the period authorized for their stay which usually corresponds with the completion of their studies and they must commit to respecting this requirement at the time of application for the study permit; and
Federal government programs may be available to international students which permit them to stay and work in Canada after having completed their studies and, in some cases, eventually apply for permanent residency. If unable to qualify for such programs a student is required to leave Canada upon expiry of their study permit.
Background

Stakeholders in the higher education sector have expressed a desire to ensure clarity surrounding the concept of “dual intent’ in order to ensure that it is understood by everybody that, as stated in the legislation, having both intents – one for temporary residence through the study permit, and one for permanent residency – is legitimate.

The federal government wants to ensure Canada is attracting the maximum number of qualified international students in the competitive global market. Taking steps to clarify the concept of dual intent for stakeholders will only further strengthen CIC’s important role in fulfilling this key priority of the federal government.

The Government of Canada has expressed its commitment to attract more international students to Canada and ultimately tap into this source for highly educated workers to contribute to its labour force. Canada has outlined its overall policy objectives related to student recruitment in its 2007 Budget and accompanying economic plan, Advantage Canada, in which it stated that it encourages the “best foreign students to attend Canadian colleges and universities by marketing the excellence of Canada’s post-secondary education system”. This is accompanied by policy objectives designed to retain international students to pursue a “knowledge advantage” in which Canada will create “the best-educated, most skilled and most flexible workforce in the world”. These objectives were also reinforced in the federal government budget of 2008.

Operations related to processing study permits

A person’s desire to apply for permanent residence before or during the period of study in Canada may be legitimate. An officer should distinguish between a bona fide applicant and an applicant who has no intention of leaving Canada if the application for permanent residency is refused.

In determining bona fides, as defined by CIC’s Overseas Processing Manual, Chapter 12, Section 5.15, all students must be assessed by officers on an individual basis; refusals of non-bona fide students may only withstand legal challenge when the refusal is based on the information related to the specific case before an officer. Therefore, while cultural context or historical migration patterns of a client group may be a contributing factor to the decision-making process, they alone are not valid, legally tenable grounds for refusal on bona fides.

If an officer has concerns/doubts about the applicant’s bona fides, the applicant must be made aware of these concerns and given an opportunity to refute them.

The onus, as always, remains on the applicant to establish that they are a bona fide temporary resident who will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay pursuant to IRPA Regulations 216(1)(b) which, absent any extensions, will normally be following the completion of their studies and the expiry of their study permit pursuant to IRPA Regulation 183(4)(b).

A commitment to bona fide international students

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) believes in the contribution of international students to Canada’s economic and cultural environment. To encourage international students to study in Canada, the federal government has designed programs to attract and retain more international students, which permit them to stay and work in Canada after having completed their studies and, in some cases, eventually apply for permanent residency, including the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program and the proposed Canadian Experience Class.

CIC acknowledges that there may be instances where bona fide international students who wish to participate in programs being promoted to retain them in Canada may indeed, in the application process, indicate a desire to remain in Canada after the completion of studies.

What students must do in applying for a study permit pertaining to dual intent

In applying for a study permit, a student must first and foremost clearly demonstrate to the Visa officer that he or she intends to respect the requirement that study permit holders leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay which usually corresponds with the completion of studies and expiry of their study permit.

Other information related to a decision on a study permit application

In assessing an application for a study permit an officer may also consider factors such as:

The length of time that the client will be spending in Canada;
The means of support;
Obligations and ties in home country;
Compliance with other requirements of the Act and Regulations applicable to students/temporary residents.
If an application for a study permit is not approved, the CIC visa officer will provide the client with a letter explaining why an application has been refused. A study permit application might be refused for several reasons including:

Not providing sufficient proof that an individual has enough money to support oneself while studying in Canada, and to return to their country of residence;
Medical inadmissibility;
Not satisfying the visa officer that there is an intention to study in Canada;
Not satisfying the visa officer that the individual will leave Canada at the end of their period of authorized stay.
Not submitting all required documentation; and
Not satisfying the officer that the applicant has answered all material questions truthfully as required by Section 16(1) of IRPA.

iliv4u4ever

Oct 24, 2011
R said:

There's nothing wrong with having many Asians in your class. There are many schools in Mid Western USA where entire graduate class is filled with Asians. That doesn't turn them as being bad schools. In fact schools like Umich ( I studied here for 2 years so it is a first hand knowledge), Michigan State, Ohio state, Case Western are ranked among the best in US. They are even ranked in the top 100 schools in the world \with Umich staying in top 10 and Case Western and OSU in top 50