March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Hello,

A word of warning to anyone who is looking to apply for a course at Algonquin College.
They will take your application fee ($100) and then say they won't process your application because you have been out of school more than 3 years.

Here is a message a friend received:

Thank you for your interest in studying at Algonquin College. Applications are subject to pre-screening based on regional-specific conditions, in accordance with IRCC guidelines. Unfortunately, you do not meet all eligibility criteria based on your study gap.

Please be advised that Algonquin College does not process applications for applicants who have been out of school for three years or more after high school or five years or more after University or College. One important aspect of our decision to process an application is the likelihood of it being successful. Unfortunately, study permit approval rates from the Government of Canada for students with more than a 3-year gap between studies, regardless of the subject, have a very low chance of being approved. Algonquin College introduced this requirement to manage applicant expectations better.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes in your future endeavors.

Regards,

Fabio Araujo
____ END

If you apply to any college, confirm that they will not disqualify you based on some flimsy assumption that you will not be granted a visa (yet collect the application fee, and do not work for you).

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hello,

A word of warning to anyone who is looking to apply for a course at Algonquin College.
They will take your application fee ($100) and then say they won't process your application because you have been out of school more than 3 years.

Here is a message a friend received:

Thank you for your interest in studying at Algonquin College. Applications are subject to pre-screening based on regional-specific conditions, in accordance with IRCC guidelines. Unfortunately, you do not meet all eligibility criteria based on your study gap.

Please be advised that Algonquin College does not process applications for applicants who have been out of school for three years or more after high school or five years or more after University or College. One important aspect of our decision to process an application is the likelihood of it being successful. Unfortunately, study permit approval rates from the Government of Canada for students with more than a 3-year gap between studies, regardless of the subject, have a very low chance of being approved. Algonquin College introduced this requirement to manage applicant expectations better.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes in your future endeavors.

Regards,

Fabio Araujo
____ END

If you apply to any college, confirm that they will not disqualify you based on some flimsy assumption that you will not be granted a visa (yet collect the application fee, and do not work for you).
The College is wrong to assume IRCC job…. People get SP with years of gap after School

fritchou

Jan 21, 2019
Tunisia
The College is wrong to assume IRCC job…. People get SP with years of gap after School
looks like most of their international students got their SP refused and most of them were old applicants. maybe it is affecting their reputation and policy since they are forced to rentun some tuition fees and and with reserved seats and study permit refusals. They lose more seats that could go for other international students.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I got my acceptance letter within two days after applying at Fanshawe College. 6 year study gap. Algonquin College was one of my options before finally deciding for Fanshawe. Very weird they take this kind of decisions.

A93

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
they gave me offer after 6 years gap after university, so I don't know why you didn't get it.