+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Average wait time for COPR

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
What has been the average wait time lately after sending in your passport to get the visa + COPR?

Cheers!

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
It's mostly logistics and depends where you are and how you're sending and the local office. But perhaps two to four weeks.
Appreciate the response! When sending out the documents, we were told 4-8 weeks, which seems quite long compared to others who, based on comments I've read here, completed the whole process in a matter of days. Here's hoping it all goes smoothly!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Appreciate the response! When sending out the documents, we were told 4-8 weeks, which seems quite long compared to others who, based on comments I've read here, completed the whole process in a matter of days. Here's hoping it all goes smoothly!
Who told you the 4-8 weeks? Was it from an official source, locally? (If so, probably right)

I really have no specific information but reports here, and I think some of these comments may be heavily weighted / affected by timelines in India, which seem to have been a different matter. (Some other countries too where need to send out-of-country like Iranian applicants to Ankara). Passports etc sent across borders just have more hurdles.

So seriously, grain of salt and YMMV and other caveats should be piled on. My estimate might be quite wrong on either side depending on location.

If you want a closer guess, you'd probably have to look in similar country/VO combinations as your own file.

But I think in most or at least more visa offices (excluding those really stuck with covid lockdown issues), it's eg 2-5 business days once in the visa office, and the rest likely just logistics back and forth.

Reactions: Fang_89

Fang_89

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
Who told you the 4-8 weeks? Was it from an official source, locally? (If so, probably right)

I really have no specific information but reports here, and I think some of these comments may be heavily weighted / affected by timelines in India, which seem to have been a different matter. (Some other countries too where need to send out-of-country like Iranian applicants to Ankara). Passports etc sent across borders just have more hurdles.

So seriously, grain of salt and YMMV and other caveats should be piled on. My estimate might be quite wrong on either side depending on location.

If you want a closer guess, you'd probably have to look in similar country/VO combinations as your own file.

But I think in most or at least more visa offices (excluding those really stuck with covid lockdown issues), it's eg 2-5 business days once in the visa office, and the rest likely just logistics back and forth.
Thanks again! The visa service center (in Beijing) that collects our application and then sends it out to the Visa Office wrote 4-8 weeks in an e-mail they sent us. I guess we'll just wait and see!

Reactions: armoured