+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Availability of Jobs During Winter

anirudhb

Aug 25, 2013
@ Ricky.

NO PGWP at all? But every country gives you that, even states you get 90 days to secure a job. And Canada is way more immigration friendly than any other country. So how is that possible?

siddharth_pharma84

Jun 25, 2011
WINNIPEG
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
11-07-2016
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
22-04-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
3-11-2016 to New Delhi
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
5-01-2017, MED submit online 10-01-2017. MED passed 12-01-2017
Interview........
Not required at this time. DECISION MADE: 27-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-07-2017, Passport to Ottawa : 04-07-2017, Passport received by Ottawa : 06-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017, Passport Dispatched by CIC: 28-07-2017, Passport frm CIC: 31-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-07-2017
I don't think they would stop psw permit.Then it would be impossible for international students to find job in own fields.Canada is nowhere near UK education system.They need immigrants through student stream.so Jan intake applicants are safe.Just think how can such news be trusted,when PNP AND Cec depends on psw permit for students.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
devrathiya said:
Appreciate your response Pippin :)

Any idea when would first, second semester start and end?

I have a feeling the first starts in Jan and ends in April and the second starts in May and Ends in August and the rest of the time for Holidays and Project. Is that right?
September is usually first semester. January second until May. If summer session is offered that would be short term until August

ricky.kaushal

Jul 8, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014, Spouse added March 8, 2015
Doc's Request.
RPRF and PCC - Aug 12, 2014 Wife's Doc - April 22.2015
Nomination.....
19-03-2014
AOR Received.
01-05-2014
File Transfer...
In process & DM July 30th, 2015
Med's Request
01-05-2014 Wife's June 10, 2015
Med's Done....
03-05-2014 Wife's June 11, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 30th, 2015
LANDED..........
Sept 10, 2015
anirudhb said:
@ Ricky.

NO PGWP at all? But every country gives you that, even states you get 90 days to secure a job. And Canada is way more immigration friendly than any other country. So how is that possible?
I am not telling anything that it is going to happen for sure but my lawyer told me that this might happen.

devrathiya

Jul 23, 2013
I too am expecting answer for this question.....Mostly, I read there are odd jobs but I dont know what kind of .

Hoping any senior would answerl.

1. If I buy a laptop in India, does that work in Canada or will there be any issue?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Student jobs could be working in just about any service industry. Restaurant, grocery store, cashier, clothing or department store. Driving for auto parts companies. Assistant at car sales companies to clean cars and do errands. Packaging chocolates before Christmas. Often you will see small sign on store windows advertising vacant positions for similar jobs. Always keep a couple of resumes handy (not a bad idea to write a few different ones that are geared toward different types of work). Dress neatly when you go out so you are prepared just in case you see something that interests you and you can take advantage if it immediately. You might take a job that doesn't thrill you, but here networking is big and you never know you may be serving someone who thinks, "I want that person working for me!"

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
devrathiya said:
Hi Experts,

I have heard that there will be a scarcity of jobs in canada during the winter season. Is it true?

If yes, why is it so? :-\
Not true unless you work in seasonal industries that are only open in the summer such as tourism in some places.
Unless you plan on living in a town that is a summer tourist town, the time of the year should not affect part time job opportunities. There are still retail stores/ businesses that operate year round people do not stop spending in the winter.

as for the type of jobs, anything is available based on your experience, willingness, skills, level of spoken english etc.
For starters, i would suggest finding a job that allows you flexible work schedule and allows you to improve your english for e.g. a cashier at walmart or something. Once you build your skills, improve your english and are gradually more comfortable dealing with people, you can aim higher. If you have no work experience, limited work hours and a heavy course load and expect a part time managerial job, keep dreaming. Everyone has to start at the bottom and work their way up. I would suggest leaving pride, status, prejudice and the rest at Delhi airport.

Aug 27, 2013
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
yes less jobs as lot of hotels and other things close in winter .....like out door dining etc.... also less factory work in packing fruits or vegetables gets reduced , farm work reduces etc . either way u cannot work till end of winter as u wont get a OCWP by the end of winter sem even if u join in fall.
Hi everyone.
Am here with lot of hopes.
Came to know about this helpful forum for the strugglers.
My profile is
10th = 66.30% 2007
12th = 57% 2009
Diploma in computers dropped out in 2nd year not pursuing further
Work experience of 2 years with dell as tech.
Looking for tech course.
Need your help before i apply for visa.
Minimum fund requires to show to the visa officer
As i applied for education loan and approved.
And which 1 is good for immigration. Spp general cic
Plz help me. Waiting for your valuable feedback.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ricky.kaushal said:
Yeah they are changing the rules most probably and one more thing just want to tell you that in their changes they will stop providing PGWP ......
STop listening to lawyers who want to scare you in to using them and go read what the Canadian government say in their proposal:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-28.asp

“By improving the International Student Program, we are strengthening Canada’s reputation as a destination of choice for international students,” said Minister Kenney. “In addition to the economic impact, international student graduates are a great source of potential permanent immigrants. For those who choose to stay in Canada, their Canadian education and their language skills are important factors for success.