+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic Increase in CRS Score

BPreet Singh

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hello,

My CRS score automatically increased yesterday by 25 points from 447 to 472. It looks like this was because CIC calculates work experience month wise instead of day wise and my 3 years work experience gets completed on August 29. I also have a 15 days gap between my first and second work but I still do have 1 year continuous job experience.

Need advice as whether to go ahead with the application and explain things in LOE or reject it and wait until my 3 years finish? Anyone with situation here? Real scenarios will be appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Sailee,
Did you receive any email from your CIC account when your CRS score got updated?

Do they count the work experience while one was studying outside of canada with a full time job?

I started my job in Jan 2017 and i am assuming that i will have three years of experience next month if they count it?

TIA.

asaxena26

Oct 27, 2018
Forgot to mention that this score increase led to me receiving an ITA even when the cut off score was 460 and my actual score should have been 447.
Hi Sailee,
I have similar case as yours.
Would you please help me ?

Working in Canada on closed WP.

1) EE profile created after gaining 1 year of canadian experience.
2) I will be completing 2 years on June 17th
3) Today my EE profile automatically got updated and I gained 23 points(for 2 years work exp).
Note : NOC - 2174 , Previous score 452 , Current Score - 475

Now, I am in dilemma if I get ITA in next draw , would I be eligible to accept it ? Or should I wait till I actually complete my 2 years of canadian work exp.

Kindly advise.

Sailee

Jul 11, 2019
Hi Sailee,
I have similar case as yours.
Would you please help me ?

Working in Canada on closed WP.

1) EE profile created after gaining 1 year of canadian experience.
2) I will be completing 2 years on June 17th
3) Today my EE profile automatically got updated and I gained 23 points(for 2 years work exp).
Note : NOC - 2174 , Previous score 452 , Current Score - 475

Now, I am in dilemma if I get ITA in next draw , would I be eligible to accept it ? Or should I wait till I actually complete my 2 years of canadian work exp.

Kindly advise.
Sure. I consulted two separate Canada PR consultants and they both suggested that the ITA should not be accepted unless you have the claimed job experience. It is your responsibility to make sure that the points you're claiming are actually what you should be getting. So I would say, once you get the ITA, keep it until June, so that way you won't keep getting ITA in every round, and that way someone else also gets a fair chance. Reject it once you know you're about to complete your claimed work experience so that way once you complete it, you should get the ITA in the next round.

Let me know if you need any other help. Hope you get to the application soon.

asaxena26

Oct 27, 2018
Sure. I consulted two separate Canada PR consultants and they both suggested that the ITA should not be accepted unless you have the claimed job experience. It is your responsibility to make sure that the points you're claiming are actually what you should be getting. So I would say, once you get the ITA, keep it until June, so that way you won't keep getting ITA in every round, and that way someone else also gets a fair chance. Reject it once you know you're about to complete your claimed work experience so that way once you complete it, you should get the ITA in the next round.

Let me know if you need any other help. Hope you get to the application soon.
Thanks Sailee,
I have received ITA yesterday (May 1st ), now as per your suggestion If I have to decline , I should wait till June 17th (completing 2 years of Canadian experience) , in this case if next draw is lower than what I had previously (considering 1 year of actual canadian experience) , then I would be at loosing side. What do you suggest in above scenario ?

Kavin626

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
The case officer will calculate the number of years the same way as the online system. I know because I saw my gcms notes and the case officer calculated my experience like that.
It doesn't matter if you start your job on the 1st or the 15th of the month, they count it as a full month.
Hi Hodari, I am having 2 years 2 months of Canadian work experience. I received ITA. But I am confused about foreign work experience.
I worked from April 2016 to March 31, 2019 back in my country. So, Does this work experience will count as 3 years or 35 months? Please reply me your thoughts...please

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hi Hodari, I am having 2 years 2 months of Canadian work experience. I received ITA. But I am confused about foreign work experience.
I worked from April 2016 to March 31, 2019 back in my country. So, Does this work experience will count as 3 years or 35 months? Please reply me your thoughts...please
If rules have not changed, it should be considered 3 years.

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hello,

My CRS score automatically increased yesterday by 25 points from 447 to 472. It looks like this was because CIC calculates work experience month wise instead of day wise and my 3 years work experience gets completed on August 29. I also have a 15 days gap between my first and second work but I still do have 1 year continuous job experience.
Nox Vidmate VLC
Need advice as whether to go ahead with the application and explain things in LOE or reject it and wait until my 3 years finish? Anyone with situation here? Real scenarios will be appreciated. Thank you.
You will get it again easily with 472. Accept it only if you received it after completing the experience in number of days.

Last edited: