+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Autoimmune disease (IgA Syndrome): is there a likely obstacle for medical exams?

xflipp

Jul 31, 2018
Hello guys!

Me and my wife are aiming to get a score close to the ITA.

Anyway, after reading several posts, it came some concerns and questions post ITA.

Maybe can be usefull for someone too.

I am the second applicant and I have an autoimmune disease called Berger's Disease ( IgA Syndrome ). I live with it since I was 15 years old (I am 37 now) and little affect me on a daily basis, I have a little protein loss in my urine in 24 hours (0.3 to 0.6). My creatinine is between 0.8 to 1.1 (tops) and the other functions (urea, uric acid and other) all normal. 12/8 to 13/9 blood pressure. I have 1.87 meters and 198* pounds. I Practice physical activities (other than HIGH impact) almost daily. That eGFR Calculator says that I am level 1 (92 points) 2 (89 points).

For the experienced staff of the Forum and even some who have similar questions: is there a likely obstacle for medical exams?

Thanks and a good week for all!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello guys!

Anyway, after reading several posts, it came some concerns and questions post ITA.

I am the second applicant and I have an autoimmune disease called Berger's Disease ( IgA Syndrome ). I live with it since I was 15 years old (I am 37 now) and little affect me on a daily basis, I have a little protein loss in my urine in 24 hours (0.3 to 0.6). My creatinine is between 0.8 to 1.1 (tops) and the other functions (urea, uric acid and other) all normal. 12/8 to 13/9 blood pressure. I have 1.87 meters and 198* pounds. I Practice physical activities (other than HIGH impact) almost daily. That eGFR Calculator says that I am level 1 (92 points) 2 (89 points).

For the experienced staff of the Forum and even some who have similar questions: is there a likely obstacle for medical exams?

It totally depends on the maintenance costs to Canada and if there is a realistic likelihood of major costs to Canada in the next few years.
If not excessive, it's unlikely that the condition would prevent a successful application.

Reactions: xflipp

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello guys!

Read here about Medical inadmissibility:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/refusals-inadmissibility/danger-public-health-public-safety.html

Reactions: xflipp

summerxx

Jun 12, 2016
Just my two cents:
as long as your kidney function is normal, I don't think you will be considered medically inadmissible. Don't stress about it.

I have some kind of chronic kidney disease too, with proteinuria. My suggestion is be honest to share all your medical facts when you go for the immigration medical exam and drink plenty of water (but not too much). Maybe ask your regular nephrologist to issue a letter/statement saying your disease is not progressive or cause kidney function to degrade (something like this, but make sure it is true reflection of your situation).

Best of luck to you.

Reactions: jes_ON and xflipp

xflipp

Jul 31, 2018
Good morning!

Thanks for the explanations. It is comforting the support and guidance you give here on the forum. I've heard good things about here before.

Again thank you very much and I hope it will be useful for those who have similar doubts.

Best regards.

msballes16

Jun 13, 2018
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Nomination.....
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2019
Hello! how is your visa application specifically the medical section? My son was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called ITP in 2015 and had been into remission since September 2017. We disclosed his case to the medical facility and had an upfront medical exam last week, and just today received a feedback from the immigration medical group based in India to contact the medical facility for further test. What are the further tests that they asked, and how did affect your PR Visa application timeline? thank you!

dakin0580

Sep 19, 2019
Hello! how is your visa application specifically the medical section? My son was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called ITP in 2015 and had been into remission since September 2017. We disclosed his case to the medical facility and had an upfront medical exam last week, and just today received a feedback from the immigration medical group based in India to contact the medical facility for further test. What are the further tests that they asked, and how did affect your PR Visa application timeline? thank you!
Hi, Can I know what is the outcome of your PR. We have a autoimmune condition to deal with called HS. wanted to know how you approached the case

millar224

Oct 13, 2019
Hello! how is your visa application specifically the medical section? My son was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called ITP in 2015 and had been into remission since September 2017. We disclosed his case to the medical facility and had an upfront medical exam last week, and just today received a feedback from the immigration medical group based in India to contact the medical facility for further test. What are the further tests that they asked, and how did affect your PR Visa application timeline? myfirstpremiercard thank you!
My suggestion is be honest to share all your medical facts when you go for the immigration medical exam and drink plenty of water (but not too much). Maybe ask your regular nephrologist to issue a letter/statement saying your disease is not progressive or cause kidney function to degrade (something like this, but make sure it is true reflection of your situation).

msballes16

Jun 13, 2018
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Nomination.....
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2019
Hi, Can I know what is the outcome of your PR. We have a autoimmune condition to deal with called HS. wanted to know how you approached the case
Hi! We disclosed the medical issue of my son. They just asked for additional Hepa test which turned out negative. We got medical pass after 1.5 months AOR. We eventually got our PR visa and now planning to land.

Just be honest and everything will go well. Wish you best health and a successful PR application!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My suggestion is be honest to share all your medical facts when you go for the immigration medical exam and drink plenty of water (but not too much). Maybe ask your regular nephrologist to issue a letter/statement saying your disease is not progressive or cause kidney function to degrade (something like this, but make sure it is true reflection of your situation).
Just clarifying that the doctor should give a truthful overview of your condition. You can’t tell the doctor what to actually say it should be the truth with labs to back it up.

msballes16

Jun 13, 2018
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Nomination.....
08-11-2018
AOR Received.
24-01-2019
I forgot to mention that during the medical exam, we submitted a medical report for my son's case, which was signed by his attending doctor (hematologist). That medical report was generated a year before, and was saying that his condition is not progressive and not contagious. We were just asked to secure an updated report from the same doctor, which we were able to comply after a week.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You basically need to address the issue and cost of biologicals or potentially repeated surgical excisions.

dakin0580

Sep 19, 2019
You basically need to address the issue and cost of biologicals or potentially repeated surgical excisions.
We are not on any biologicals at present and also no surgeries so far. How can we know of any potential surgeries in future. All I can say is my condition doesn’t bother me anymore and I am keeping it under control with AIP diet. I thought biologicals and surgeries will get your medicals rejected