+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Auto Loan under PoF

Hamza Moazam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Dubai
NOC Code......
Gents -

As a requirement stated on CIC website, can anyone clarify if my Auto Loan might affect my application and Proof of Funds condition? I will be getting a letter from the bank stating all the facts of my accounts, average balances as well as my liabilities and Auto Loan (Pending Principal) will be a part of it.

Shall i disclose the fact that i have Auto Loan? Will the closing Bank Balance be considered after netting off with the Auto Loan balance amount?

From CIC: "The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans"

Cheers.

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
I have same concern. Anyone? Thoughts? Suggestions?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
The loan will not affect present balance. They just need today's balance in your name and preferably it should be maintained throughout the process.

Hamza Moazam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Dubai
NOC Code......
Thanks mate. So even if the bank letter says current balance $xxx and Auto Loan due $xxx, it would not be a problem?

Cheers.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Hamza Moazam said:
Gents -

As a requirement stated on CIC website, can anyone clarify if my Auto Loan might affect my application and Proof of Funds condition? I will be getting a letter from the bank stating all the facts of my accounts, average balances as well as my liabilities and Auto Loan (Pending Principal) will be a part of it.

Shall i disclose the fact that i have Auto Loan? Will the closing Bank Balance be considered after netting off with the Auto Loan balance amount?

From CIC: "The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans"

Cheers.
Generally, home loan or auto loan is a secured loan, in the event of a default, the lender has a charge on the asset. CIC is not concerned about home loan or vehicle loan, they are more concerned if the applicant has availed a loan to meet the POF requirements, which I believe is not the case for you (since you have already maintained the required funds). If you choose to mention it, it will not impact your application.

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
I have maintained required balance(Although not required since i got ITA under CEC) and i don't have any default payments on my car financing, so that works out perfect for me.
Thanks Stanlee! +1 for you :)

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
Guys,

I have two banks that i am dealing with, one i use for my daily expenses and also which i will be using for my POF. The other bank i just have an auto loan with them and i dont have any account with them. I wanted to know if i need to disclose my auto loan bank ? and also will it be an issue that i have an auto loan?

Thanks.

saina0830

Jan 4, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Done....
23-03-2017
Passport Req..
20-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-04-2017
hassaan_anwar said:
Guys,

I have two banks that i am dealing with, one i use for my daily expenses and also which i will be using for my POF. The other bank i just have an auto loan with them and i dont have any account with them. I wanted to know if i need to disclose my auto loan bank ? and also will it be an issue that i have an auto loan?

Thanks.

Anything related to Finances is not an issue if you received your invitation under CEC. However, if you are invited under any other category such as FSW you need to maintain a certain balance.
I didn't mention my Auto Loan and my application was approved with no issues few weeks ago

hassaan_anwar

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-07-2017
saina0830 said:
Anything related to Finances is not an issue if you received your invitation under CEC. However, if you are invited under any other category such as FSW you need to maintain a certain balance.
I didn't mention my Auto Loan and my application was approved with no issues few weeks ago
Awesome! thanks for the help! :)

applicant_2016

Star Member
Oct 26, 2016
Hello All,
Any inputs/feedback on this ? I am in a similar situation - have enough funds to show but also have a car loan in the same bank where I have the money. I have about 20000 CAD in a/c but also a car loan of about 34000 CAD EMI for which I pay every month. Every looks good except the loan part - I am not sure how CIC considers it.

Anyone who has gone through similar situation - please advise.

Thank you in advance.

K0099

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
same here, will it create any problem? when I fill out an application, they did not ask me about any kind of Loan or debt.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
They don't require you to settle your loans, it's not mentioned anywhere.

However, if you are going to show statements, then it makes sense to mention your loans because they would be shown on the statements.

I would also guess that if you're above the required minimum every month, then there should be no problem.

chikoo1985

May 20, 2017
Were you FSW Express Entry and not CEC?