+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Auto Insurance

jn791

Star Member
Jul 23, 2019
I've been looking to get a car but insurance rates are crazy. Can anyone elaborate more on this? Which insurance provider do I go with? And is it true that my premium will go down after the first year? Currently I have a G2 and hopefully should have my G in the next few months.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
I personally recommend Desjardins. While I can't speak of the reliability of their claims, they are the cheapest when I shop around every year. You will get a discount after receiving your G license. You can also use their Adjusto app which can give you up to 25% off (I tried it and it works). There are other types of discounts that you can learn more about here.

The bad news is that the premium doesn't go down except after a few years of no claims. If anything, it increased every year for me because they say the whole market is going up. Make sure to remove the additional coverage options that you don't need to help drop the price more; those you can ask your insurance agent about. Leased cars also have a higher premium.

These factors can lower or increase your premium based on claims statistics.
- Age group
- Marital status
- Driving experience