+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Auto immune disease and medicals

Preetikaur15

Jul 23, 2021
I have a medical condition called ITP in which platelets usually remain low so my platelets stay between 15k to 30k. I have had this condition since 2011. I had undergone a laproscopic surgery called splenectomy last year as that time my counts were only 3k-4k and presently i am on folic acid only as i am asymptomatic. Will this become the basis for me to be declared medically inadmissible while applying for express entry?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No one can answer that. When you go through your medical, it will be determined if your condition is a burden on the health system. You may receive a procedural fairness letter if this is so and panel physicians will look at your file. They will look at not only current costs but future costs. Will you need further surgeries etc. If you receive a PFL, then you will want to retain the services of a Canadian lawyer who specializes in medical inadmissibility.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a medical condition called ITP in which platelets usually remain low so my platelets stay between 15k to 30k. I have had this condition since 2011. I had undergone a laproscopic surgery called splenectomy last year as that time my counts were only 3k-4k and presently i am on folic acid only as i am asymptomatic. Will this become the basis for me to be declared medically inadmissible while applying for express entry?
If the only treatment you are expected to require in the next 5-10 years is folic acid, then you should be fine and be able to pass the medical.

Preetikaur15

Jul 23, 2021
No one can answer that. When you go through your medical, it will be determined if your condition is a burden on the health system. You may receive a procedural fairness letter if this is so and panel physicians will look at your file. They will look at not only current costs but future costs. Will you need further surgeries etc. If you receive a PFL, then you will want to retain the services of a Canadian lawyer who specializes in medical inadmissibility.
Thank you so much for reply. And there are no future surgeries related to my health condition and also even i am worried about how they will assess future costs as everyone suffering from ITP has different kind of medicinal needs, some may need expensive medicines such as Revolade or some like me can do fine only on folic acid.

Preetikaur15

Jul 23, 2021
If the only treatment you are expected to require in the next 5-10 years is folic acid, then you should be fine and be able to pass the medical.
Thank you so much for your reply. This is giving me hopes that things will be fine. Now, My only concern is how will panel physicians assess my medical condition.

DEVARAJU

Jun 5, 2022
I too also had ITP my platelet cout was 9000, want to know have you cleared your medical tests, because am also attending medical tests, please let me know