+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Autism treatment

Jan 23, 2018
Hy!
I'M nausheen from Pakistan............ and i have 8 years old my child who is suffering from (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and there is no better treatment I m too much worried about his health and i Can'T afford treatment charges ....I ' m requesting you to plzzzzzz cooperate with me...........I want to settle in canada for his treatment ...........
THanks.......

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I would think if you can't afford treatment there, unfortunately you will not be able to afford treatment here. Are you applying to come work here, study or emigrate?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
As of yesterday CIC has effectively removed the medical inadmissibility clause for the majority of the cases. They haven't exactly repealed it but the limit threshold is tripled (i.e. CIC would refuse some one who would need more than 6k CAD per annum for their medical needs in a year. This limit is now around 20k CAD)

https://www.cicnews.com/2018/04/canada-revises-controversial-medical-inadmissibility-rules-for-immigrants-0410513.html#gs.=iqAAmM

However, therapies related to Autism have different sorts of coverage in different parts of Canada. There is very little support in Quebec or Ontario from the government and you have to rely on private therapies which would cost more than they would in Pakistan though they are more effective too.

However, if you are in one of the more supportive provinces like BC, Alberta, SK etc. they provide significant funding for kids with autism. Roughly up to 20ish K per annum for therapies in BC (for a child 6 years old or less and about 6k for older one) and about another 20k for one on one support teacher in school

Reactions: ReyadHaj

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The medical admissibilty criteria might be changing but the OP has not provided much information on how they think they might even get to Canada in the first place. If they cannot afford treatment in their home country then even putting that aside can they even afford the not inexpensive process that is immigration assuming they qualify..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Although they are changing the medical inadmissibility clause the immigration process is still not a way to seek medical treatment. Depending on the need of the child autism treatment, special schooling, various therapies can easily exceed the new monetary limit. If the child is likely not going be able to live independently as an adult will that factor into the equation still? Like most families with autistic children in Canada or any disabled adult child, families will still end up spending a significant amount on therapy/care that is required over and above what is provided. By the time this child immigrates he might be around 10 years old and the majority of the funding is given out at a much younger age. Don't know why they made such a vague announcement. I would anticipate that approval will be on a case by case basis.

Reactions: ReyadHaj