+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation)

saifulla

Sep 5, 2019
I had applied for WP extension and PR simultaneously , However , after i applied for the WP extension i received a letter from IRCC which stated as below:

"Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number XXX as proof that you
are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until May XX 2021
or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This
extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you
will no longer be authorized to continue working."

In my case i did not receive the WP decision by May XX 2021 , however i continued to work with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until i got my PR on June XX 2021. After which my WP extension was withdrawn in July 2021.

My Question:

1. Was I supposed to leave Canada before May XX 2021 since the dicision was not made?

According to below site i can contiue work untill i receive my decision if conditions are same. Was this the case during May 2021 as well Or this rule was recently applied?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

• You can keep working past the expiry date on the letter until we process your application if the conditions are the same as on your original work permit.