+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to work with CoPR?

Jordan824

Oct 8, 2021
Hey guys. I have recently received my confirmation of permanent residence for an inland application via email! I also now have a job offer. I am wondering now will I be able to work this job solely with the confirmation of permanent residence? The document has been signed by an immigration officer and I currently live in Canada, I just don't know if it also acts as a temporary permit to work or pay taxes. The job does start very soon and I do not want this to be the reason why I have to turn it down. Thanks for any info!

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
Once you have eCOPR you no longer need a work permit you just have to apply for a sin# & once you receive that in the mail which usually takes about a week or two you are ready to work

Jordan824

Oct 8, 2021
Once you have eCOPR you no longer need a work permit you just have to apply for a sin# & once you receive that in the mail which usually takes about a week or two you are ready to work
I applied for the SIN awhile ago online and it has not showed up yet. Is there a way I can still accept the job offer even while I'm waiting for the SIN? Or like a number to call to confirm? My fear now is that it won't show up in time

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for the SIN awhile ago online and it has not showed up yet. Is there a way I can still accept the job offer even while I'm waiting for the SIN? Or like a number to call to confirm? My fear now is that it won't show up in time
You can accept the job offer as long as your employer is OK with that without you having a SIN yet.

You can't start the job without a SIN.

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
To Jordan824 I would call the# given on the sin page to see if they rejected the documents you sent them & if so they will tell you what you did wrong

Jordan824

Oct 8, 2021
To Jordan824 I would call the# given on the sin page to see if they rejected the documents you sent them & if so they will tell you what you did wrong
Thank you for that. I just called and their offices were closed, but the automated message said once I apply nothing prevents me from accepting employment while I wait.

Eli51

Jan 28, 2015
I already pmd the guy I also suggested that he can start as a volunteer & start getting paid once he receives his sin#