+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to return to Canada

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
Hello,

I want to apply for ARC from USA. I came to Canada in 1997 as refugee and my asylum protection was denied and ordered to leave Canada but I left Canada without documenting it with CBSA as I wasn't aware at that time. I recently in 2018 went to Canada but I was given permission of 1 day and returned from airport and told to a apply for ARC before coming next time. I am US citizen since 12 years with my family in US since 2002. My children are married and I own a business in US for 15 years. But my sister and my father's brother live in Canada and I wish to visit them.
Can anyone here provide me some valuable ideas, tips I need to be careful before i apply for ARC.

I would appreciate the help.Thank you

Dichosa

Dec 19, 2019
Hello,

I want to apply for ARC from USA. I came to Canada in 1997 as refugee and my asylum protection was denied and ordered to leave Canada but I left Canada without documenting it with CBSA as I wasn't aware at that time. I recently in 2018 went to Canada but I was given permission of 1 day and returned from airport and told to a apply for ARC before coming next time. I am US citizen since 12 years with my family in US since 2002. My children are married and I own a business in US for 15 years. But my sister and my father's brother live in Canada and I wish to visit them.
Can anyone here provide me some valuable ideas, tips I need to be careful before i apply for ARC.

I would appreciate the help.Thank you
Hi, I would start with finding proof of leaving Canada (as requested). If you crossed without your passport being stamped, maybe show a credit card bill (from an in-person) purchase in the USA or some other type of proof, pay stub, doctor's appointment receipt... something that can attest to you having left on time. Then you must write a letter explaining what led to the refusal of your refugee claim, why that happened, how your situation has changed, how you are a stable, mature and law abiding person since then and your reasons for wanting to visit Canada. Visiting family members is a good reason but why do you need to visit Canada when they could easily visit you in USA instead? (address things like this). It is important that you have proof of everything you say.