+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to return to Canada.

metsfan

Aug 29, 2016
Taxed said:
l​
I wish the processing times was as fast lol
Anyway i have an interview regarding my ARC next week, wish me luck!!!
lol they move on a snail's pace...good luck for the interview. Please keep us updated.

2016_can said:
That's a good thing :)
sure is :) ...i doubt they'd cash my money order if there were any deficiencies with the application. Do they ever send communications on receiving an application? Or am i going to be kept in dark until the decision comes in mail in a few months.

reayath

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
metsfan said:
i cant check the status online bcz my application was paper based. From what i gathered by reading different material, ARCs are approved either for One time temporary visit, Recurring visits or for life if you're moving to Canada permanently based on sponsorship, skilled worker or any other PR category.
Hi there I just want to jump in and share with my experience. I was applying becoming a PR and then being told I'm inadmissible due to a remove order against my spouse, even though he is not going to accompany me. That being said after a two months document and application process, his ARC was granted. From the document we received there are 2 Types of ARC.

1. For PR - that is for whom becoming one or returning Canada as a PR
2. Time to time - this is the one for my spouse, it only means the ARC holder will need to apply for TRV to visit Canada in future unless circumstance changes but you don't need to apply ARC again. All you need to do is to upload your Certificate of Departure and ARC every time when applying TRV and also make sure to bring them with you every time visiting Canada.

I wish you all the best

metsfan

Aug 29, 2016
reayath said:
Hi there I just want to jump in and share with my experience. I was applying becoming a PR and then being told I'm inadmissible due to a remove order against my spouse, even though he is not going to accompany me. That being said after a two months document and application process, his ARC was granted. From the document we received there are 2 Types of ARC.

2. Time to time - this is the one for my spouse, it only means the ARC holder will need to apply for TRV to visit Canada in future unless circumstance changes but you don't need to apply ARC again. All you need to do is to upload your Certificate of Departure and ARC every time when applying TRV and also make sure to bring them with you every time visiting Canada.

I wish you all the best
Thanks for the info...finally found someone in similar circumstances lol. If i understood correctly, your husband was granted an ARC for temporary visits as a visitor? If you don't mind me asking, is your husband from a visa-exempt country visiting Canada? What consulate did he apply to? I heard somewhere they only grant ONE time ARC's for temporary visitors unless someone with medical issues is getting treated in Canada, in those cases they grant ARCs for multiple visits.

reayath

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
metsfan said:
Thanks for the info...finally found someone in similar circumstances lol. If i understood correctly, your husband was granted an ARC for temporary visits as a visitor? If you don't mind me asking, is your husband from a visa-exempt country visiting Canada? What consulate did he apply to? I heard somewhere they only grant ONE time ARC's for temporary visitors unless someone with medical issues is getting treated in Canada, in those cases they grant ARCs for multiple visits.

No we both are from China so TRV is a must for him to return Canada. But his circumstance is a bit different than yours is because his ARC application was asked by my PR case office, I was applying under PNP category at the time. So even though he will not accompany me due to his work, we were asked to submit ARC for him to overcome inadmissibility for my application and eventually I received my CoPR short after he got his ARC.

We applied by emailing to Beijing VO and it was only a week from sending them the doc to ARC granted. I believe they told me their turnover time is about 2weeks for ARC so it's probably the fastest time I have heard.

I don't think there is a ONE entry only ARC because after I read your post I went check the ARC imm form he received. There is only two types of ARC 1) for PR and 2) time to time application so for TRV required or visa-exempt country. There is no expire day or for single entry or multiple entries on the form.

(Exactly the words from the paper: authorization is hereby granted to return to Canada of the above-named person from time to time)

The reason why ARC is extremely hard to get is because it's the only way to overcome inadmissibility and remove the life ban from Canada. Once ARC is granted, the senior officer will need to not just issue the paper but also update the applicant's profile from inadmissible to admissible in IRCC internal system, and inform the office where the original deportation order was issued. So basically pardon all the mistakes made in the past and give the applicant a clean second chance. If it's only for onetime use that means the officer will have to turn the profile from admissible to inadmissible to admissible everytime when an application received I feel it's rarely to be the case.

If you go to cic website and search for ARC, there will be a PDF file called Operation Procedure for ARC, I found it's really useful as a guideline to understand the process

metsfan

Aug 29, 2016
reayath said:
No we both are from China so TRV is a must for him to return Canada. But his circumstance is a bit different than yours is because his ARC application was asked by my PR case office, I was applying under PNP category at the time. So even though he will not accompany me due to his work, we were asked to submit ARC for him to overcome inadmissibility for my application and eventually I received my CoPR short after he got his ARC.

We applied by emailing to Beijing VO and it was only a week from sending them the doc to ARC granted. I believe they told me their turnover time is about 2weeks for ARC so it's probably the fastest time I have heard.

I don't think there is a ONE entry only ARC because after I read your post I went check the ARC imm form he received. There is only two types of ARC 1) for PR and 2) time to time application so for TRV required or visa-exempt country. There is no expire day or for single entry or multiple entries on the form.

(Exactly the words from the paper: authorization is hereby granted to return to Canada of the above-named person from time to time)

The reason why ARC is extremely hard to get is because it's the only way to overcome inadmissibility and remove the life ban from Canada. Once ARC is granted, the senior officer will need to not just issue the paper but also update the applicant's profile from inadmissible to admissible in IRCC internal system, and inform the office where the original deportation order was issued. So basically pardon all the mistakes made in the past and give the applicant a clean second chance. If it's only for onetime use that means the officer will have to turn the profile from admissible to inadmissible to admissible everytime when an application received I feel it's rarely to be the case.

If you go to cic website and search for ARC, there will be a PDF file called Operation Procedure for ARC, I found it's really useful as a guideline to understand the process
thanks for clarifying the ONE time and time to time issue. Two weeks is pretty fast for beijing. I filed for an ARC in August at NY consulate hoping that it would be decided until the end of this year. More than a month now and i haven't even received an acknowledgment from them that my application is received and pending lol ;D

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
reayath said:

Thank you very much for this info as this helps my case as well.
If I understand this correctly after an approval of an ARC then you are admissible and do not need to reapply every time you enter for a TRV or a sponsorship PR?

My daughter who resides in Canada and who's getting married was saying that she may follow up with an MP and see where the case is at. Has anyone have experience following up with an MP? Is it a good idea? Can they really help?

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
metsfan said:
thanks for clarifying the ONE time and time to time issue. Two weeks is pretty fast for beijing. I filed for an ARC in August at NY consulate hoping that it would be decided until the end of this year. More than a month now and i haven't even received an acknowledgment from them that my application is received and pending lol ;D
Two weeks sure is very fast. I applied in June 2016 online (through Istanbul, Turkey) for TRV (with a letter explaining ARC) and they have asked for the ARC fees in August 2016.
They haven't even acknowledged the fees being submitted yet! :eek:

reayath

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
2016_can said:
Thank you very much for this info as this helps my case as well.
If I understand this correctly after an approval of an ARC then you are admissible and do not need to reapply every time you enter for a TRV or a sponsorship PR?

My daughter who resides in Canada and who's getting married was saying that she may follow up with an MP and see where the case is at. Has anyone have experience following up with an MP? Is it a good idea? Can they really help?

Yes my understanding for ARC is this is for overcoming inadmissibility, so once it's granted, the person will be admissible to Canada again. You'll still need to apply for TRV to visit Canada everytime TRV is expired or until becoming a PR, but you don't have to apply for ARC again, these is why it give two categories 1) for PR and 2) for time to time applicant - the one needs TRV or non PR from a visa-exemption country. Because once inadmissibility is overcame, the person will be free to apply any visa or PR to Canada, you'll still need to show your ARC paper everytime entering Canada though so don't lose it, keep it with your passport.

Again, it is because ARC is a pardon for the applicants the past bad immigration history in Canada, this is why it is so hard to get one, and why a compelling reason is so critical.

For communicating with VO, I guess different VO has different ways. I was emailing Beijing from beginning, it took near 2 weeks for them to reply my first email request but after that, they signed a case number to my email (showing in the email subject line), they were pretty fast, would reply to me in 48 hours. But I have to say once I emailed them our ARC application package they stopped replying to my further request but simply emailed the ARC paper in PDF to my husband's email address on file once it's granted. But needless to say send your VO a email to follow up wouldn't hurt

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
reayath said:
Yes my understanding for ARC is this is for overcoming inadmissibility, so once it's granted, the person will be admissible to Canada again. You'll still need to apply for TRV to visit Canada everytime TRV is expired or until becoming a PR, but you don't have to apply for ARC again, these is why it give two categories 1) for PR and 2) for time to time applicant - the one needs TRV or non PR from a visa-exemption country. Because once inadmissibility is overcame, the person will be free to apply any visa or PR to Canada, you'll still need to show your ARC paper everytime entering Canada though so don't lose it, keep it with your passport.

Again, it is because ARC is a pardon for the applicants the past bad immigration history in Canada, this is why it is so hard to get one, and why a compelling reason is so critical.

For communicating with VO, I guess different VO has different ways. I was emailing Beijing from beginning, it took near 2 weeks for them to reply my first email request but after that, they signed a case number to my email (showing in the email subject line), they were pretty fast, would reply to me in 48 hours. But I have to say once I emailed them our ARC application package they stopped replying to my further request but simply emailed the ARC paper in PDF to my husband's email address on file once it's granted. But needless to say send your VO a email to follow up wouldn't hurt
Once I have the ARC, I won't lose it. I promise! :))

My daughter wants to follow up via MP (Member of Parliament) and not VO. She is hoping that we can make it to Canada so that we can be part of the wedding ceremony. I sure hope to be able to celebrate her day with her!

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
metsfan said:
lol they move on a snail's pace...good luck for the interview. Please keep us updated.

sure is :) ...i doubt they'd cash my money order if there were any deficiencies with the application. Do they ever send communications on receiving an application? Or am i going to be kept in dark until the decision comes in mail in a few months.
I'm not sure of the paper process but for me, I did get a confirmation online.
In your case, cashing your money order means they've started your ARC. :)

mrp

Feb 3, 2013
Thanks for the information Reayath. That was quite helpful. I have also applied under the PNP and was asked to submit ARC in Aug 2015 along with the medicals. After one year that is in Aug 2016, I received an email to pay the RPRF fee. It has been a year and I have not heard anything on the ARC or the PR application. I was wondering if you were asked to pay the RPRF fees before the passport request? If that was the case, how long after paying the fees did they send the Passport request? I am really worried since it is taking so long.

Your help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Mrp

reayath said:

I wish you all the best

metsfan

Aug 29, 2016
mrp said:
Thanks for the information Reayath. That was quite helpful. I have also applied under the PNP and was asked to submit ARC in Aug 2015 along with the medicals. After one year that is in Aug 2016, I received an email to pay the RPRF fee. It has been a year and I have not heard anything on the ARC or the PR application. I was wondering if you were asked to pay the RPRF fees before the passport request? If that was the case, how long after paying the fees did they send the Passport request? I am really worried since it is taking so long.

Thanks
Mrp
that's great news. congrats. You're very close to getting the final approval. I believe they only ask for the removal fees when ARC is in the process of being granted. It wouldn't make sense for them to be asking for removal fees if the ARC was denied, frankly, nobody would pay them.

reayath

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2015
Nomination.....
04-12-2015
AOR Received.
28-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Passport Req..
15-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
17-12-2016
mrp said:

Thanks

Hi Mrp,

I paid my RPRF upfront but based on the others experience on this forum, it's about another month for you to reach a final decision after RPRF I think this is a good sign for you cuz what left in the process will be security check --> final review by case officer --> PPR. But the time line also depends on which VO you submitted cuz some would definitely take much longer such as SGVO. Good luck

mrp

Feb 3, 2013
Hello Metsfan

Thanks for your response.

They did not ask for the removal fees. They asked for the right to permanent residence fees (RPRF) or the landing fees last month (Aug 2016). It is a refundable fee which is refunded if your application is rejected.

I paid the ARC fees of $400 per person last year in Aug 2015 with my ARC application.

Thanks
Mrp

:)
metsfan said:
that's great news. congrats. You're very close to getting the final approval. I believe they only ask for the removal fees when ARC is in the process of being granted. It wouldn't make sense for them to be asking for removal fees if the ARC was denied, frankly, nobody would pay them.

mrp

Feb 3, 2013
Thanks Reayath. I really am hoping that it is a good sign. You are right each visa office is different and my visa office is London. It is taking very long in this case as I submitted everything last year in Aug.

Hopefully the wait will be worthwhile if we get a positive response.

Did you get a passport request and ARC approval by email?
Thanks
Mrp