+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to return to Canada.

metsfan

Aug 29, 2016
2016_can said:
Happy to hear this. Congrats!! :)
Can you please tell us when you applied for ARC and when they asked for the ARC fee? also did they ask for any removal fees? How long did the whole process take? Also, what type of application did you submit? PR or sponsorship or TRV?

I know I'm asking so many questions. It's just because I'm on the same boat. Thank you very much
Well we can update each other as the process unfolds :)

I submitted my ARC app at the NY consulate. where did you submit yours? I followed the checklist and attached a 310 USD money order. I can confirm that the removal fee is only requested when ARC is granted. The 400 Canadian dollar that they requested you is just an application fee for them to look at your submission and see if you qualify for ARC or not.

I have been looking thru the internet to see if someone else was ever successful with an ARC based on a temporary visit to Canada (not PR status), to this day i haven't found a single soul...and i have been searching this for ages lol...

You can have a pretty good idea how long the process might take if you look at ARC apps in general for permanent resident applicants...i think it'll be anywhere from 4-12 months.

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
metsfan said:
Well we can update each other as the process unfolds :)

I submitted my ARC app at the NY consulate. where did you submit yours? I followed the checklist and attached a 310 USD money order. I can confirm that the removal fee is only requested when ARC is granted. The 400 Canadian dollar that they requested you is just an application fee for them to look at your submission and see if you qualify for ARC or not.

I have been looking thru the internet to see if someone else was ever successful with an ARC based on a temporary visit to Canada (not PR status), to this day i haven't found a single soul...and i have been searching this for ages lol...

You can have a pretty good idea how long the process might take if you look at ARC apps in general for permanent resident applicants...i think it'll be anywhere from 4-12 months.
I like the idea of us updating each other. I submitted my TRV application with a letter requesting/explaining I need an ARC online (filled in I want Ankara, Turkey to be my VO as I am Iranian and there is no Canadian VO in Iran) in June 2016. When did you submit your application?

My husband and I only submitted the fees for the TRV as the CIC website had mentioned that we will be asked for the ARC fee later. They asked for ARC in August 2016 and we paid the same day and submitted the document online.

metsfan

Aug 29, 2016
I applied at the NY consulate about a month ago. I thought you were a green card holder from the U.S :) I didn't have to apply for a TRV bcz Americans don't need a visit visa to travel to Canada. I am not very optimistic though after reading a lot of posts on the internet.

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
metsfan said:
I applied at the NY consulate about a month ago. I thought you were a green card holder from the U.S :) I didn't have to apply for a TRV bcz Americans don't need a visit visa to travel to Canada. I am not very optimistic though after reading a lot of posts on the internet.
There are quite a few factors they look at for the ARC so I'd say keep your hopes high :)
We need an ARC because our refugee claim was refused and we were ordered to leave in 1998 and we didn't leave withing the time range we were given. We were ignorant and stupid to be frank! Why do you need an ARC?

metsfan

Aug 29, 2016
2016_can said:
There are quite a few factors they look at for the ARC so I'd say keep your hopes high :)
We need an ARC because our refugee claim was refused and we were ordered to leave in 1998 and we didn't leave withing the time range we were given. We were ignorant and stupid to be frank! Why do you need an ARC?
same thing here. failed refugee claim. left Canada in 2004. On a positive note, we could be the only people here whose ARCs get approved for temporary visit. Are you corresponding with CIC thru email? Did they ask you to submit police checks from any country?

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
metsfan said:
same thing here. failed refugee claim. left Canada in 2004. On a positive note, we could be the only people here whose ARCs get approved for temporary visit. Are you corresponding with CIC thru email? Did they ask you to submit police checks from any country?
I hope we both get the ARC approved soon :)

My correspondence with the CIC is through the online portal. That's where I submitted the application. When they requested the $400 (in our case $800 in total for the both of us) to be paid it was through online CIC as well. I received an email saying there's a message in my CIC inbox.

I wonder if (praying) the ARC is approved, is it for life? i.e. can my children sponsor me for a PR application without need of an ARC?

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
metsfan said:
re police check. We (my husband and I) both proactively submitted our criminal record check from Iran. They've only asked for the ARC fee from us so far!

metsfan

Aug 29, 2016
2016_can said:
I hope we both get the ARC approved soon :)

My correspondence with the CIC is through the online portal. That's where I submitted the application. When they requested the $400 (in our case $800 in total for the both of us) to be paid it was through online CIC as well. I received an email saying there's a message in my CIC inbox.

I wonder if (praying) the ARC is approved, is it for life? i.e. can my children sponsor me for a PR application without need of an ARC?
i cant check the status online bcz my application was paper based. From what i gathered by reading different material, ARCs are approved either for One time temporary visit, Recurring visits or for life if you're moving to Canada permanently based on sponsorship, skilled worker or any other PR category.

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
metsfan said:
i cant check the status online bcz my application was paper based. From what i gathered by reading different material, ARCs are approved either for One time temporary visit, Recurring visits or for life if you're moving to Canada permanently based on sponsorship, skilled worker or any other PR category.
You're not missing much by not being able to check your status online. All it says is that the case is now:Open!

It seems like our timeline is very close so hopefully we'll both hear positive news soon. Let's continue to chat here. It makes the wait easier. At least for me it does! :D

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
metsfan said:
There's still no news on this end.
Have you heard anything on your application?

metsfan

Aug 29, 2016
2016_can said:
There's still no news on this end.
Have you heard anything on your application?
hey...nothing here yet...the only update is they recently cashed my money order lol

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
l​
metsfan said:
hey...nothing here yet...the only update is they recently cashed my money order lol
I wish the processing times was as fast lol
Anyway i have an interview regarding my ARC next week, wish me luck!!!

2016_can

Aug 28, 2016
Taxed said:
l​
I wish you the best sincerely :)
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

mrp

Feb 3, 2013
Taxed said:
l​

All the best with your interview. I hope it goes smooth and well and the outcome is positive.