24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
kingtreek said:
but can they reject the ARC even if all the procedures has been done (backgound check,police cleareance) the VISA is ready aswell
what was the reason of your deportation order?

kingtreek

Star Member
May 14, 2009
Hi Suin Thank you for your attention,its really takes me out of control.

I am in my place of residence (backhome) my Visa office in Ankara,Turkey

I lived in Canada for 7 years,started as refugee claimant,it was denied after 2 years,i got married,but had a Deportation Order,i took all costs on me.
a week ago i wrote a letter to my Officer "How long will it take,and if i can mail my passport to them",she replied back
"YOU HAVE TO WAIT FOR OUR PASSPORT REQUEST LETTER,AFTER THE CASE IS GONNA BE FINALISE"
Don`t know how long more do i have to wait more .

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
CHarloux,

I think it was a bad idea that he didn't notify CBSA authorities that he was leaving the country. I think that alone will somewhat raise a red flag on him but not so much a biggie ... you should have thought twice and included a police clearance check from Canada .... really, spending that extra 40 bucks doesn't hurt ... I think too it was very self explanatory in the instructions manual. You must have mis-read the instructions or slipped past it easily.

The RCMP thing takes about 120 days to process which alone adds more time to your processing time for the application.

Least you know they are working on your file and things will soon be sorted out.

@ Twinsmama, don't worry too much my dear .. we will get it sooner then later ... we both have no violated any immigration acts or whatever it is they talk about in their manual .... just keep faith and be strong as you can for the twins and the people that care .... it'll soon be sorted out for both of us

Halifax-Maple

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
To charloux and others:
I guess I should highlight one point regarding the police clearance, for the benefit of new and/or old applicants. I have noticed the "mix up" or call it confusion or call it misunderstanding. Police clearnace or RCMP clearnace or FBI clerance (whatsever name) is something different from background check. It is the difference between criminality check and security check. Both, with medical check are the essential TRIAD for every applicant.
I hope this would help

twinsmama

May 5, 2010
SVG
Category........
Visa Office......
Port Of Spain, Trinidad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-09
Doc's Request.
22-03-10
AOR Received.
19-02-10
File Transfer...
15-01-10
Passport Req..
18-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2010
LANDED..........
15-10-2010
Hi Everyone
I was never issued a Certificate of Departure ::) ::) ::) I was asked to show up with my ticket at a given date,when I did the Senior IO told me that they will not be able to receive me in Toronto because I do not have at least two hours in-transit and because I was traveling with twins he would spare me the stress of canceling my flight.
He photocopy our tickets, took some photos of me then gave me my passport.He gave me his email address to send photos of my stamped passport pages of the date I returned to my country.......and that was all...

I did presented them with my ticket but because they did not confirm at the airport I was not issued a CERTIFICATE OF DEPARTURE.
Should that pose a problem with my sponsorship??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
twins, I don't think you would need ARC then .. u shud inquire more .. u sound like ur in safe shoes :)

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
confusednscared said:
CHarloux,

I think it was a bad idea that he didn't notify CBSA authorities that he was leaving the country. I think that alone will somewhat raise a red flag on him but not so much a biggie ... you should have thought twice and included a police clearance check from Canada .... really, spending that extra 40 bucks doesn't hurt ... I think too it was very self explanatory in the instructions manual. You must have mis-read the instructions or slipped past it easily.

The RCMP thing takes about 120 days to process which alone adds more time to your processing time for the application.

Least you know they are working on your file and things will soon be sorted out.

Thanks for the clarification and information,
Yep, we must have misread the forms. That is really too bad, I wish we had understood and known that sooner. As for CBSA, how were we supposed to know that he needed to notify them of his departure? I didn't know that was part of the process. Does it mention it somewhere in 'the letter'?
Thank you

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
Did he receive a letter specifically from CBSA?

It's very strange how the system works. With very little knowledge and information on the immigration system in Canada one would automatically assume that with a warning letter from CIC authorities, leaving the country ASAP would be the best thing.

However, it's very sad that CIC is never always specific and detailed in their messages. I don't blame you for not taking the right steps because I assume you never knew what the right steps were.

If however, CBSA had notified you and given you instructions that would have been a separate argument.

In my opinion, it has already happened and none of us can go back to CIC and tell them that they were wrong in whatever they did. So, I say take it as a step by step process and work with CIC to get this stuff sorted out. Better supporting documents to help build a case are saved airline tickets or photocopy passport pages showing he left Canada at the time CIC instructed him to do so.

It took me a while to understand the language in CIC's applications and instruction manuals. Mistakes do happen and sometimes they work in favor of or against us. Either way, we sure learn that it's something we would not want to repeat for a second time.

Hope this helps!

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
confusednscared,
you are being quite helpful actually. Thanks.

Before this year, I had had almost no experience with any of type of bureaucracy. I am only 22, and my parents have always dealt with immigration, government, taxes, moving, and such. So, all this is/was new to me. I have learned a lot however, and I feel that I will be learning a lot more, and from my mistakes too. And yes, I won't want to do them again!

I am with my husband now in Jakarta, and the refusal letter is back in Canada. I can't look at it now, but I don't recall them telling us anything specific. Upon receiving the letter, we were extremely stressed out, so maybe some of my memories have gotten lost in it all! I am pretty sure no one had given us any procedure to follow though.

I agree with you, we just need to take things step by step for now, as that is the best thing we can do!

Thanks once again!

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
CHarloux,

I too am in my 20s ... well, 23 now but I had no idea what the process was and listening to what immigration consultants have to say is pure BS.

I entered Canada as a minor at 15 years old and was advised to file for a Refugee Claimant by ICs while my parents still lived in my homeland and have visited Canada prior to my filing the immigration papers.

Come on, at 15 years old I didn't even know what the definition of a refugee was. I landed in Canada that night, fell in love with the place and with the information provided to me by all these consultants and listening to family in Canada I agreed to go ahead with the process.

I cannot say that I regret every single step of the process. I very well managed to educate myself, Canadian standards, and have somewhat worked my way up in life (things I wouldn't have been able to do back home)

Fast forwarding my life to this age 7+ years ago, entering Canada for the first time on a TRV and listening to the advice of ICs, I definitely would've made a wiser decision without listening to ICs.

Mind you, I had every guarantee by these idiots that I will be a successful applicant but nonetheless, I failed miserably in the end (PRRA and H&C).

I cannot go back and change my past immigration history with Canada but what I do know is I have enjoyed every bit of my life in Canada and I do consider Canada as my home because there is where I have learned to mature and experience the "growing up" stages of my life.

Some CBSA officers have no clue what they are doing with their clients. I am pretty sure the majority you meet at the interview are trainees that are still learning the system.

I would say to try and get a hold of those letters you received from CBSA and keep them as proof for whenever the VO asks.

You just have to stay on top of things with the VO and be sure that they are not making mistakes on your file. Trying ordering CAIPS notes a bit later on in your application process.

I received mine about a week ago and I have noticed the CPC-M stated on my file that I have been rejected twice for PRRA when I clearly was given the chance to only apply for it once. I have to get that stuff sorted out with them.

Let me know how things roll on your end and do keep in touch.

Best wishes,
Confused.

LouisaMarie

Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2009
Doc's Request.
04-16-2010
I haven't had the chance to check up on this for some time because I've been busy.... now I find this.

Tdot Champ whatever your name is..... maybe you should keep your judgements on the validity of my marriage to yourself. You don't know me.

Apparently you don't know how to read, otherwise you would see that I explained the criteria of our case and the events that lead up to it becoming a deportation order in my original post, so now I will repeat myself:

My husband offered to purchase his own ticket back to Lebanon upon receiving his departure order.

Immigration Canada INSISTED on purchasing it for him to ensure his departure.

They took their time buying his ticket (conveniently to make it turn into a deportation order) and when he overstayed because he was WAITING FOR THEM TO BUY HIS TICKET TO LEAVE, he asked them if it was going to be a deportation order and was told that it would not be.

He was lied to by immigration.

He also wasn't aware that he had to pay the money back, otherwise he would have done it once he got back to Lebanon.

He isn't a criminal. He was never arrested for anything the last time he was in Canada. He didn't do anything wrong to be asked to leave, his visa merely expired and they denied him refugee status.

He worked while he was here. He works in Lebanon. He'll work when he comes back. not everyone plunks themselves onto Social Assistance.

As for the "marriage of convenience" that you assume we have, it involves a small child. Having a child to better one's chances of immigrating is pathetic at best.

There's also a little thing called "humanitarian and compassionate grounds"

This means that his son has human rights - one of them is his right to be raised by both parents.

So go run your mouth off about the validity of someone's marriage elsewhere.

As for the rest that have posted, thanks for your input.

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Confusedandscared,
I get aggravated when they expect us to know this stuff, as if through osmosis. We don't work that way unfortunately, and therefore, it is common we make mistakes, even when we thought it was in our best intentions.

Hmm, I have been hearing a lot about CAIPS lately. I looked at their website... interesting. But, how exactly does it work? How much is it? And is it worth it?

THanks

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
how long has it been since your application has been in process at the local Visa office?

CAIPS is a set of notes that are entered into their computerized systems for processing the application. The IO reviews the application and screens it under various circumstances, makes notes, and decided whether or not an interview will be required. Keep in mind they have a strange way of entering this kind of information. They merely use numbers and psyc codes in those notes.

EG, 1 = Male, 2 = Female

Most people usually order it after their application has been in process for quite sometime at the local VO (about 10 months or so) and haven't heard anything. It really varies according to the processing time of your VO. It is very useful especially if you have an interview coming up to see why the IO requests for the interview, etc.

It has to be ordered through Canada under the Privacy XXXXX Act (don't quote me on this one) and it's usually around 5 bucks to send in the request. The notes take an average 4-6 weeks to process.

It's really not a bad investment especially when you have no effing clue what is going on with your application.

What is your time line like Charloux?

charloux

Apr 6, 2010
Well, the application has been in Singapore since early February, 2010. So far, we have received back photos (relationship photos), and a request for the RCMP check (fingerprints were sent to the RCMP just a couple of weeks ago). That is it though, but I guess still better than a lot of people.... at least we are getting some feedback. I was hopppping that my husband would receive his PR by October... but now, who knows. It is a very convoluted, secretive process.

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
With ARC being part of the application ... I think you may have to look beyond your anticipated deadline.

However, some VOs process ARC faster then others. It's luck combined with a million and one other things. Please do let me know how things roll for you.

Best,
Confused