+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Authorization to return to Canada.

Bambi2019

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
Sounds like we're on the same boat indeed. They requested copies of the reasons for decision and order regarding the refugee claim, including the conclusion. The ARC letter and the $400 fee. We sent an inquiry for the copies but no signs yet, getting a little nervous.
Hi had wanted to ask...did you have to do an RCMP clearance in this process ? Also have you heard back from IRB? I believe you received notes from them after your application decision was made etc are you able to send those or do you have to get another copy from IRB directly.. I still have copies of mine so I’m wondering if they do ask for mine whether I can just make copies of that and send to them. thanks

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Hi had wanted to ask...did you have to do an RCMP clearance in this process ? Also have you heard back from IRB? I believe you received notes from them after your application decision was made etc are you able to send those or do you have to get another copy from IRB directly.. I still have copies of mine so I’m wondering if they do ask for mine whether I can just make copies of that and send to them. thanks
I did have to do the RCMP clearance, also a police certificate from my country.

I have not heard anything yet, it's been almost a month.

They asked for the notes, the decision, etc. I do not have those, but if you do you can send those. They clarify that on the email, that in case you don't have the inf they require you can order them, which is where I am at right now. Keep those, it'll save you time.

Reactions: Bambi2019

Bambi2019

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019
I did have to do the RCMP clearance, also a police certificate from my country.

I have not heard anything yet, it's been almost a month.

They asked for the notes, the decision, etc. I do not have those, but if you do you can send those. They clarify that on the email, that in case you don't have the inf they require you can order them, which is where I am at right now. Keep those, it'll save you time.
Thanks so much for your response. I will keep you updated with mine when I hear anything. May we all be granted authorization

Arbz

Star Member
Nov 1, 2018
Please provide a detailed account of your failed claim for refugee status in Canada: this should be presented in chronological order from when you first obtained a visa to go to Canada to the date when you left Canada. Please also clearly indicate whether you were deported from Canada. Please provide copies of all documents regarding your claim, its refusal and your departure from Canada.

that's what i received from VO is that means do I need to get ARC or just write a letter to vo about my entry to departure. Can someone please guide me thanks in advance, its a spousal sponsorship case.

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Depends whether you got a removal order or a departure order. Did you leave before time? In the documents they gave you it should say under what category you were removed. Some times an ARC is not needed, they just ban you for 5 years or so.

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
By the way, I just got the notes from IRB today. Took almost a month. In case it might help anyone in the future.

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
By the way, I just got the notes from IRB today. Took almost a month. In case it might help anyone in the future.
Ohhh that's nice , We're in the same boat , I only have The IAD decisions and i am applying for IRB ones soon , How much did it cost ?

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Please provide a detailed account of your failed claim for refugee status in Canada: this should be presented in chronological order from when you first obtained a visa to go to Canada to the date when you left Canada. Please also clearly indicate whether you were deported from Canada. Please provide copies of all documents regarding your claim, its refusal and your departure from Canada.

that's what i received from VO is that means do I need to get ARC or just write a letter to vo about my entry to departure. Can someone please guide me thanks in advance, its a spousal sponsorship case.
There are three types of Removal Orders issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA). These are Departure Orders, Exclusion Orders and Deportation Orders. The form number on the Removal Order indicates what type of order you received.

With a Departure Order, you must leave Canada within 30 days after the order takes effect.
You must also confirm your departure with the CBSA at your port of exit. If you leave Canada and follow these procedures, you may return to Canada in the future provided you meet the entry requirements at that time.
If you leave Canada after 30 days or do not confirm your departure with the CBSA, your Departure Order will automatically become a Deportation Order. In order to return to Canada in the future, you must obtain an Authorization to Return to Canada (ARC).
With an Exclusion Order, you cannot return to Canada for one year.
If you do wish to return before the 12 months have passed, you must apply for an ARC.
If an exclusion order has been issued for misrepresentation, you cannot return to Canada for five years.
If the CBSA paid for your removal from Canada, you must repay that cost.
With a Deportation Order, you are permanently barred from returning to Canada and cannot return unless you apply for an ARC.
If the CBSA paid for your removal from Canada, you must also repay that cost before you are eligible to return.

Check this link out:

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/security-securite/rem-ren-eng.html

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohhh that's nice , We're in the same boat , I only have The IAD decisions and i am applying for IRB ones soon , How much did it cost ?
No cost, but someone who's in Canada has to request on your behalf. You have to grant permission, basically like when you're ordering the GCMS notes

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
No cost, but someone who's in Canada has to request on your behalf. You have to grant permission, basically like when you're ordering the GCMS notes
My thinking is that You grant permission in writing ? You're at the peak of the process , In a month or so you'll be able to see your loved one .

Do you mind sharing your timeline?

Pumpkin92

Star Member
Jul 1, 2018
This link will help you:

ttps://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/en/Home/Welcome

Thank you very much! I really hope so, my timeline is looong because we applied in 2017 under conjugal and it was refused. We applied again last year:

Applies on July 26 2019
Application Recieved November 27 2019
Biometrics request October 3th 2019
Police certificate request October 4th 2019
Medicals request February 4th 2020
ARC request October 13th 2020
Pre Arrival October 14th 2020
IRB notes Recieved November 9th 2020

Usr1997

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
This link will help you:

ttps://atip-aiprp.tbs-sct.gc.ca/en/Home/Welcome

Thank you very much! I really hope so, my timeline is looong because we applied in 2017 under conjugal and it was refused. We applied again last year:

Applies on July 26 2019
Application Recieved November 27 2019
Biometrics request October 3th 2019
Police certificate request October 4th 2019
Medicals request February 4th 2020
ARC request October 13th 2020
Pre Arrival October 14th 2020
IRB notes Recieved November 9th 2020
I see , the pandemic dragged timelines . Do you mind if I PM you ? I just have some questions to ask

Ashad9574

Aug 29, 2020

Why are they asking for all this.. did u apply for an arc? Could u provide personal email so we can discuss.. im going through similar issues