21-10-2016
Med's Done....
07-11-2016
Interview........
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
OJ27 said:
We received a notification last week that are our ARC has been approved!! We just need to submit the remaining documents (photos etc.) and they will send the COPR!
Congrats.
How long did it take for you to get the ARC?
I know that everyone is different but I'm really curious. :D

OJ27

May 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
PC: 29-04-2016, ARC: 22-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
27-02-2016
Med's Request
21-07-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
Sziszike said:
Congrats.
How long did it take for you to get the ARC?
I know that everyone is different but I'm really curious. :D
Thanks! We submitted the fees end of September. The letter states it was approved February 17th but the letter is dated March 7th. So about 5 months.

Taxed

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2015
Doc's Request.
11-2015
AOR Received.
04-2015
Med's Request
11-2015
Med's Done....
11-2015
Interview........
9-2016 ARC Approved.: 9-2016 CSQ Issued.....: 2-2017 Re-Med's Request...: 4-2017 Re-Med's Done : 4-2017
Passport Req..
04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-2017
LANDED..........
05-2017
OJ27 said:
Thanks! We submitted the fees end of September. The letter states it was approved February 17th but the letter is dated March 7th. So about 5 months.
Did you receive a copy of the ARC by email as well?
I received a copy when it was approved by email and tols that i will be given the original once the copr is issied.

OJ27

May 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
PC: 29-04-2016, ARC: 22-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
27-02-2016
Med's Request
21-07-2016
Med's Done....
05-08-2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
Taxed said:
Did you receive a copy of the ARC by email as well?
I received a copy when it was approved by email and tols that i will be given the original once the copr is issied.
We had a message on our online application and there was an attachment with a letter that stated our ARC was approved and to send the remaining documents.

Claus

Feb 17, 2017
Aloaleja said:
Hello Claus,

Thanks for replying. I do really hope we can have a fast processing but it's been more than a month since Sponsor approval and still no sign of the AOR2. I don't know if they will send the AOR2, they only sent a letter requesting passport photos because they said the ones we sent were not meeting the specifications. So we send them again and have not received any updates/comunication since. I believe my case is complex because of the red flags that we have. It is my first marriage but it is the second for my husband and he is 21 years older than me. We sent lots of pictures and lots of evidence of our constant communication as well as the financial support, etc. He is unable to travel to visit me as he had a deportation 2 years ago, but i have been visiting at least once every two months . Still i don't know if that is gonna be enough. Its been really hard to live apart, and the waiting part is not helping much.

The only thing that keeps me sane is this forum, I am trying to get strength from any source possible as WE find out 3 months ago that I am pregnant and we are hoping for a miracle for him to be able to be with me by my due date (with is september) but like i said if that happens its gonna really be a miracle!

Have you received any update yet? i do really hope they send you the PPR soon!
Your welcome! Thanks to you too! I honestly don´t see why your case could be complex. I think that if you show enough evidence, they won´t give you trouble. They just need to make sure is a legitimate relationship.

I actually hear you! I can´t visit my husband too because I claimed for refugee status 12 years ago with my ex husband. They denied us and I came back the day they asked me to. I haven´t seen my husband since January 19th, 2016. He is working and getting everything ready for us. It is killing us to be apart!!!! :( Even though, we talk every day, it sucks to wait. I wish it could be faster! My kids are super anxious too!

Sometimes I feel that I am getting insane :-[ I never thought this could be so hard. I just try to hold it back and pretend I am ok. I need to show my kids that I´m strong and that soon we will be together.

I remember that I read a post of someone being pregnant too. If I am not mistaken, it took them a month for the ARC. She explained that she was pregnant.

I´m still learning some terms. What is an AOR2?

Yes, I do have an update. Just 15 days ago, I was coming home from work. I noticed that I got an email. They emailed me to let me know that they were trying to contact me, and asked me to send them a phone number. When I came home, I noticed I had two missing calls from them. I emailed them right away sending my cell phone number. I explained the reason I didn´t answer. I don´t want to miss that call, so I keep my cell phone everywhere I am, but they haven´t call me again. :( I asked a friend about it, he said that maybe it is an interview through the phone call. I actually don´t know. I just hope they call me back!! Tomorrow will be a year since we submit the documents. It would be interesting to know why did they call me. Sigh! ::)

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
Claus said:
Your welcome! Thanks to you too! I honestly don´t see why your case could be complex. I think that if you show enough evidence, they won´t give you trouble. They just need to make sure is a legitimate relationship.

I actually hear you! I can´t visit my husband too because I claimed for refugee status 12 years ago with my ex husband. They denied us and I came back the day they asked me to. I haven´t seen my husband since January 19th, 2016. He is working and getting everything ready for us. It is killing us to be apart!!!! :( Even though, we talk every day, it sucks to wait. I wish it could be faster! My kids are super anxious too!

Sometimes I feel that I am getting insane :-[ I never thought this could be so hard. I just try to hold it back and pretend I am ok. I need to show my kids that I´m strong and that soon we will be together.

I remember that I read a post of someone being pregnant too. If I am not mistaken, it took them a month for the ARC. She explained that she was pregnant.

I´m still learning some terms. What is an AOR2?

Yes, I do have an update. Just 15 days ago, I was coming home from work. I noticed that I got an email. They emailed me to let me know that they were trying to contact me, and asked me to send them a phone number. When I came home, I noticed I had two missing calls from them. I emailed them right away sending my cell phone number. I explained the reason I didn´t answer. I don´t want to miss that call, so I keep my cell phone everywhere I am, but they haven´t call me again. :( I asked a friend about it, he said that maybe it is an interview through the phone call. I actually don´t know. I just hope they call me back!! Tomorrow will be a year since we submit the documents. It would be interesting to know why did they call me. Sigh! ::)

Hello Claus, its been long time for you! i hope you get your call and you can finalize this! You sound strong and so determined in keeping the integrity of your family and thats a good example not only for your children but for people like me! so you deserve good news in the next days!

I believe the AOR2 stand for the second Acknowledge of recipient, when the PR application gets transferred to the VO in this case Mexico. Some people say it usually takes 3 to 4 months to received that letter and others say they don't send it. Very few have received the AOR2 with in days from their Sponsor approval! it really kills me when all this process change according to the criteria of the agent in charge of the app!

I notify the lawyer of my pregnancy and he say he will update my file with CIC, and I haven't heard from him since! I am with My husband now but I'll be back to Canada on Monday and then I will contact lawyer to see if he has an update for me. This time is gonna be hard because we are uncertain if I'll be able to come and visit Husband again before my due date!
Well lets see how this story ends!! ???

And thanks for replying!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
anil.kumar121989 said:
GUYS. PLEASE ADVICE. HELP NEEDED.

Guys.

I am qualifying under express entry with around 490 points. But I need ARC.
I was deported based on failed refugee and then I booked my ticket but my stupid lawyer told me to cancel it as he would get a stay for it. But he didnt and I was detained and then sent back home.

How much chance does anyone have with getting an ARC - if they qualify for express entry - permanent residency. I read that they need compelling reasons. But they didnt mention Express entry qualification as one of them.
any views guys? I need help.
I attended all my interviews, booked the flight, went with ticket to cbsa - only stupid thing i did was to cancel it. but i behaved nicely when they detained me and even in detentions for 17 days, i cooperated. i even talk with my removal officer. she said it will have a chance if i qualify with express entry - permanent sort of things instead of things like study, work etc.

what are your views guys?

is express entry qualification a good way to get ARC ? Does it improve any chances? please help guys
Try the Express Entry section of the forum. Discussions here are focused on spousal sponsorship - and won't match your scenario.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
I need an ARC as well...

Sziszike

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
29-09-2016 , 05-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Request
21-10-2016
Med's Done....
07-11-2016
Interview........
18-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-02-2018
Hi,
Anybody got any updates?

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
I'm just hoping for some advice/insight...

My husband was issued an exclusion order in Oct 2015. We are currently in the process of an outland application for me to sponsor him. As it has been over a year, he doesn't need to pay the ARC, but we want to be proactive and pay the Removal Order fee (i found where to do this online) but I'm wondering if we should also email our VO a copy of a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B)? I read somewhere on CIC that this is required... or would a copy of his removal order be sufficient enough? Thanks so much in advance for any advice.

europearora

Star Member
Nov 29, 2016
adt83 said:
I'm just hoping for some advice/insight...

My husband was issued an exclusion order in Oct 2015. We are currently in the process of an outland application for me to sponsor him. As it has been over a year, he doesn't need to pay the ARC, but we want to be proactive and pay the Removal Order fee (i found where to do this online) but I'm wondering if we should also email our VO a copy of a Certificate of Departure (IMM 0056B)? I read somewhere on CIC that this is required... or would a copy of his removal order be sufficient enough? Thanks so much in advance for any advice.
I have a same problem. I got Certificate of Departure but in my form they have written Not applicable on Notice of Liability. I think this form is for transportation cost which CBSA paid.

How about yours.. what they have written

MJay1991

Mar 16, 2017
Hi Everyone,

My husband requires an ARC to return to Canada. We sent in his ARC request approx. 1 month ago. Today I received this email from CIC:

"We acknowledge receipt of the documents you have recently submitted. In order to finalize your application please send the following:

1)Complete address in which you intend to live in Canada.

2) Please send us by e-mail an electronic prepaid airway bill from the company of your choice and we will return your documents needed for travel as soon as they are ready.

Should you choose UPS, FedEx, DHL or the company of your choice for your shipment, please follow these recommendations..."

Does this mean that our ARC request has been approved? The email didn't ask for his passport and nothing has been changed on eCas or his Gckey.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
MJay1991 said:
Hi Everyone,

My husband requires an ARC to return to Canada. We sent in his ARC request approx. 1 month ago. Today I received this email from CIC:

"We acknowledge receipt of the documents you have recently submitted. In order to finalize your application please send the following:

1)Complete address in which you intend to live in Canada.

2) Please send us by e-mail an electronic prepaid airway bill from the company of your choice and we will return your documents needed for travel as soon as they are ready.

Should you choose UPS, FedEx, DHL or the company of your choice for your shipment, please follow these recommendations..."

Does this mean that our ARC request has been approved? The email didn't ask for his passport and nothing has been changed on eCas or his Gckey.
It seems like the ARC is approved, are you from an exempt visa country?

Where is VO?

MJay1991

Mar 16, 2017
My husband is from Mexico and our VO is Mexico City. I am (very pleasantly) surprised how quickly the ARC application went through, if it did.

I don't know why they didn't ask for a passport though. Any thoughts? They said they are sending our documents in the mail, which documents would these be?