Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
b4roness said:
Evening all,

I noticed that most people mentioned 'overstaying' when it comes to the ARC. I didn't overstay and ended up leaving within the window they asked. So... what's gonna happen with my ARC, and anyone else on here perhaps who is just a failed refugee but didn't overstay?
(Met my husband way before i was refused, he was even in court with me on the day of my horrid trial, and I left within the legal window of time... so what would they ask me for my ARC since i didn't overstay? Only the reason why they should let me return?)
p.s. i'm applying via Vienna.

Thanks for any help or info!

Angie
Hi, our situation was the same as yours
My husbands refugee was denied, I was also at his hearing with him. They mailed him the reasons for refusal and set him up with a meeting with cbsa officers and they gave him 30 months to leave. So he bought his own ticket, checked out at the airport and left on time.
But we were still asked for the ARC regardless of leaving the correct way and on time. There were a lot of people in our Mexico thread last year that had the same situations also, failed refugee, left on time and still asked for the ARC.

So I would expect your VO to ask you for the ARC as well.
The ARC will include a $400 processing fee, a letter stating all the reasons why you should be allowed back into Canada and usually they also ask for the decisions and reasons document of why you were denied refugee.

Hope this helps!
:)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

b4roness said:
Evening all,

I noticed that most people mentioned 'overstaying' when it comes to the ARC. I didn't overstay and ended up leaving within the window they asked. So... what's gonna happen with my ARC, and anyone else on here perhaps who is just a failed refugee but didn't overstay?
(Met my husband way before i was refused, he was even in court with me on the day of my horrid trial, and I left within the legal window of time... so what would they ask me for my ARC since i didn't overstay? Only the reason why they should let me return?)
p.s. i'm applying via Vienna.

Thanks for any help or info!

Angie
Depends, if you didn't report to CBSA at the airport before you left, then your departure was not confirmed, and you are now deemed deported and will require an ARC

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
PMM said:
Hi

Depends, if you didn't report to CBSA at the airport before you left, then your departure was not confirmed, and you are now deemed deported and will require an ARC
Even if you reported to CBSA at the airport, you will need an ARC if your a failed refugee.
We reported to CBSA and still needed the ARC.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

LeisaP said:
Even if you reported to CBSA at the airport, you will need an ARC if your a failed refugee.
We reported to CBSA and still needed the ARC.
No, if you left within 30 days of the refusal by IRB and confirmed your departure, then you don't need an ARC.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
First off, thank you all for the quick reply!!!

Secondly... This is interesting news. From both of you.
From what i know, I've contacted several different sharks (brutally good lawyers) in Toronto just to ask them for their opinion, and all three, including my own lawyer (who had no idea i did this... shhh), stated that i DO need the ARC, even though i left on time.
ALSO, my passport was returned to me when i landed in Croatia...
so, i had no choice but to report to CBSA when i left. Plus, they kept me locked up in Austria for 4 hours because Cro isn't part of the E.U., and i had no passport on hand, and lets not forget the strip search me and another man that had to leave Canada had to go through in Austria... I wish i can erase that from my memory. (the police in Austria are absolutely amazing and kept apologizing to both of us for having to do that to us, and served us coffee, juice and food for 4 hours. Awesome.) Hope no one else had to go through this.

Unless there is some new rule that came out in regards to not needing an ARC anymore, I'll keep you posted.
I am doing my case with a lawyer so i will be able to update you all when it comes to changes in regards to ARCs and stuff within the next few days.

Could it be, that some people do not need an ARC because the VO who does the Family based cases doesn't request it??? Is that even possible? I thought the ARC was for border purposed upon your arrival as a new PR.

Angie

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
let me see if i can shed some light here, first of all why did yourll apply for refugee, usually anyone that applies for refeugee are ppl who overstayed in canada and was asked to leave and then they applied for refugee to keep them in the country a little longer whilst they get married and apply for sponsorship, some ppl have a real reason to apply for refugee and usually those are the ppl who as soon as they land in canada they file refugee.

so which category did yourll fall under, did yurll file refugee as soon as you came to the country or did you overstay and when you was caught you file refugee?

am asking cause if you were ask to leave the country for overstaying or anything else and then you file refugee, the order still stand but goes through differnt stages,like if you was asked to leave i think you get a 1 year exempt, but then if you filed regugee and was denied meaning you have passed your 30 days in the country the exemp turnns into a deportation for life,, were that is the part you need an ARC actually for both.

hope that helps

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
millslu said:
let me see if i can shed some light here, first of all why did yourll apply for refugee, usually anyone that applies for refeugee are ppl who overstayed in canada and was asked to leave and then they applied for refugee to keep them in the country a little longer whilst they get married and apply for sponsorship, some ppl have a real reason to apply for refugee and usually those are the ppl who as soon as they land in canada they file refugee.

so which category did yourll fall under, did yurll file refugee as soon as you came to the country or did you overstay and when you was caught you file refugee?

am asking cause if you were ask to leave the country for overstaying or anything else and then you file refugee, the order still stand but goes through differnt stages,like if you was asked to leave i think you get a 1 year exempt, but then if you filed regugee and was denied meaning you have passed your 30 days in the country the exemp turnns into a deportation for life,, were that is the part you need an ARC actually for both.

hope that helps
Aah, excellent question.

I applied for refugee status because my mother is of Muslim decent and i was badly attacked (physically, twice), verbally constantly, while living in Croatia for a little under 5 years, and was basically starving and almost on the streets while being there. I grew up in NYC since i was 6, so long story short, went to visit Cro when i turned 21 but had no idea i would get stuck.
I ran away to Canada as soon as i had some money saved up and applied for refugee status about a month before my visit allowance ran up (Croatian citizens do not need a visa to come to Canada). The reason i took so long to apply is because i didn't know that i even had that option, and also because i was taking my time gathering info on how to apply the right and legal way aka not to abuse the system like most fake fools do. Alas, i had the bad luck of receiving a horrid judge (a 'good' judge later told me he knew who my judge was and that that man was on a roll with 'dropping' people. Yes, that is the sad truth straight from the horses mouth. Believe it or not).
I met my husband through my best friend aka my husband's cousin way before i even got called in for my refugee case.

That's my story in a nutshell, extremely shortened but alas. Hope this info helps in deciphering whether or not i need an ARC. (even though i was told by many that anyone who is asked to leave (NOT DEPORTED!) needs one either way.)

Angie

millslu

Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 27, 2012
Doc's Request.
SEPTEMBER 5, 2012 (Children's Meds)
AOR Received.
NOVEMBER 16, 2012
File Transfer...
SEPTEMBER 14, 2012
Med's Done....
JUNE 19 2012
Interview........
MAY 8TH 2013 passed arc in process
Passport Req..
SEPT 23 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 8th, 2013
LANDED..........
October 20th, 2013
yes sorry about your situation, but you are right once they ask you to leave, it means one you have already passed you visa or stay allowance, weather or not you applied for refugee or not, the thing is it would have been different if you applied for refugee at the airport and not wait till you stay was done, so by all means you have overstayed, so if you left when they ask you to stay then you would be given an exclusion order, meaning you cannot return to canada within 1 yrs and if you apply for sponsorship withing that one year you would need an ARC. and it all depends on your application i know a few ppl who application passed the 1 yr and they still ask them for the ARC.

so if you was asked to leave before you applied for refugee then am sure you got an exclusion and you have one year and you can come back to canada.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Awesome, i didn't know about that 'year' rule, nor do i know if i fall in that category. I'd have to check. A full year will pass that i've been outside Canada on Sept. 1, 2013.

I'll keep you all posted on here with the updated info in regards to the ARC in the upcoming weeks.

Angie

Cbn Cdn

Star Member
Aug 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
October 9, 2013 [ ARC Requested ]
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
November 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 19, 2013
LANDED..........
January 18, 2014 :)
Hello everyone.

Here is my timeline:

- We started ___________ application for permanent residence on March, 2013
- We started processing ________________ application on July, 2013
- Medical results have been received.

Now the visa office is requesting me to send the ARC fee. My questions are:

I am a not visa exempt.

1) Am I required to fill and submit a TRV while my VO has only requested the ARC and its fee thru spousal Sponsorship?
2) Since the Spousal Sponsorship application is at the VO, does the TRV application go together with the ARC application?

Basically I want to know if I am required to do a TRV when the VO has not requested it in any correspondence letters.

Thanks in advance.

Cbn Cdn

Dream-Land

Feb 1, 2014
LeisaP said:
My husband needed an ARC for his sponsorship.
There was no interview required.

we just waited for the visa office to ask for the fee and letter and than waited for them to approve it and send his Visa :)

the case doesnt usually get delayed because of it, but the ARC does add some time to the application on top of regular processing times.

its different for every office.
for Mexico city its about 2 months additional time to approve the arc.
Hi Leisap, I noticed that you have gone through Mexico City with your application,can you please let me know where do I stand? and how long it took for your husband to get ARC approved?

Here is my timeline:

14-Dec-2011-Certificat de Selection Du Quebec Approved (for both, my wife and I)
11-Jan-2012: PR Application sent to Nova Scotia under Quebec Skilled Worker Program
01-Mar-2012: PR Application transferred to Buffalo Office
14-Mar-2012: Buffalo request medical exams.
30-Mar-2012: Medical exams received
20-Jul-2012: CIC start processing application
01-Aug-2012: File transferred to Ottawa Pilot Program
14-Aug-2012:Ottawa pilot program requested police clearance for Canada
24-Aug-2012: Police clearance sent to RCMP
08-Jan-2013: RCMP released fingerprints
10-May-2013:File transferred to Canadian embassy in Mexico
18-Jun-2013:Ottawa requested landing fees for me and my wife
23-Jun-2013:we paid landing fees
20-Sep-2013:embassy requested police clearance for Mexico (PGR)
23-Oct-2013 we send the Police clearance to Mexico City
23-Jan-2014:embassy requested updates on personal information, ARC + the fee $400CAD and $1500CAD for the ticket that they paid when I left Canada.