+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

authorization letter for PR

hmansour

Jan 5, 2017
Hi ,
I have received my Passport with the PR ? do I need an authorization letter to travel to Canada ? if yes , can i know more about the application process.
Thanks

hmansour

Jan 5, 2017
You can try but right now no. Your COPR is not a travel document (you need valid TRV or ETA).
I have a permanent resident visa on my passport ? is it consider a travel document ? also I Would like to ask about if the "Extended family members of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident exemption" Applicable for COPR or not ?
Thanks alot

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a permanent resident visa on my passport ? is it consider a travel document ? also I Would like to ask about if the "Extended family members of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent resident exemption" Applicable for COPR or not ?
Thanks alot
Right now only immediate family members with COPR are eligible to travel. Again you can try and see if you get lucky and get authorization to travel. Assume it is just yourself.

pb999

Star Member
Mar 17, 2018
Moncton,NB
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
SYDNEY,NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Right now only immediate family members with COPR are eligible to travel. Again you can try and see if you get lucky and get authorization to travel. Assume it is just yourself.
My wife got CoPR and got stamped her passport and will recieve passport soon by VFS courier in india,, i am parmanent residence in canada and my wife and son is immediate family member to me,, do i still need a authorization letter from IRCC for them to travel to canada?
Thanks in advance

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife got CoPR and got stamped her passport and will recieve passport soon by VFS courier in india,, i am parmanent residence in canada and my wife and son is immediate family member to me,, do i still need a authorization letter from IRCC for them to travel to canada?
Thanks in advance
If you are PR, they can travel without authorizaiton.

Martin004

Jan 12, 2018
Please my family of 3 (wife, baby and i) just got our COPR with my wife as the PA. My wife has a cousin in Canada, I will like to understand what is required to get an authorization letter as we just have my wife's cousin in Canada. Any information would be hugely appreciated. Thank you

Martin004

Jan 12, 2018
Please my family of 3 (wife, baby and i) just got our COPR with my wife as the PA. My wife has a cousin in Canada, I will like to understand what is required to get an authorization letter as we just have my wife's cousin in Canada. Any information would be hugely appreciated. Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Unfortunately you do not qualify for an authorization letter under the family member exemption. Cousins do not qualify as extended family members.